What's new

Laser wash G5

carwashkid22

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase a g5 at a fairly good price. Is that system obsolete? Or should I wait until a good 360 comes to market? Any advice would be helpful new to in bay autos thanks again

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
The G5 has not been manufactured for quite a few years. Parts are still available for the machine. There are some LW360's that are starting to come out and I personally would look that way. The G5 can be expensive to repair due to the electronics in it. What market are you in? I may know of some that are coming out depending on your location.

carwashkid22

Reaction score
I’m based out of Michigan. I’m all over the place newer to the business but very new to in bay autos now I’m leaning towards a Washworld in lieu of a PDQ unit. I hear that washworld is less proprietary and just as good?

sparkey

Reaction score
I would not purchase any used PDQ machine. Their support is absolutely terrible if you are not the original owner of the machine. They don't like dealing with people who purchase second hand machines. Good luck getting any documentation or parts.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
I would not purchase any used PDQ machine. Their support is absolutely terrible if you are not the original owner of the machine. They don't like dealing with people who purchase second hand machines. Good luck getting any documentation or parts.
That is not a true statement.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
That is not a true statement.
I have to disagree. I've heard the same thing from many people, especially ones who have bought a used unit. Unless they find a reliable independent tech, they end up at the mercy of the nearest PDQ distributor who price gouges on parts. Maybe this has changed some since PDQ has altered distributors' areas of operation, but in the mid-2000's it was a huge problem.

APW

Reaction score
I bought a used PDQ M5 and I have always been able to call into tech support with no problem. They even set me up where I could log into their portal to see schematics and tech bulletins.

carwashkid22

Reaction score
Wash world high velocity or G5? That is the question. Any real world experience is welcome

sparkey

Reaction score
I bought a used PDQ M5 and I have always been able to call into tech support with no problem. They even set me up where I could log into their portal to see schematics and tech bulletins.
I purchased a used laserwash 4000 and tried multiple times to get access to manuals and they would not give me access. Someone on the forum downloaded them for me and sent them to me or I would not have manuals to this day. They don't do anything without their distributor getting involved. If you are a fix it yourself type of guy who doesn't need a distributor you are pretty much on your own. I am still at a loss as to where to buy parts if I need them. So far I have been pretty lucky that I can get the parts I do need through washworld which has a much better business model.

APW

Reaction score
I purchased a used laserwash 4000 and tried multiple times to get access to manuals and they would not give me access. Someone on the forum downloaded them for me and sent them to me or I would not have manuals to this day. They don't do anything without their distributor getting involved. If you are a fix it yourself type of guy who doesn't need a distributor you are pretty much on your own. I am still at a loss as to where to buy parts if I need them. So far I have been pretty lucky that I can get the parts I do need through washworld which has a much better business model.
I will say I despise having to go through a distributor when I need parts. Biggest reason I switched to Washworld and Petit.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
I tried to order parts direct from Washworld within the last 8 months, they told me I had to go thru a distributor. Which is it? distributor or not?