What's new

laser wash 4000 auto doors

Matfry

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody has been able to or if their is a way to connect the the enter and exit doors to wifi so im able to open and close or hold open or close from anywhere on a laserwash 4000 thanks matt

Blanco

Reaction score
The laser wash has nothing to do with your doors. Yes you can set the doors up to open/close from your phone. I have mine like that. You need some electrical knowledge to make it happen. PM your number and we can talk.

Matfry

Reaction score
I can hold my doors from the laser wash control cabinet the laser wash activates the doors to open and close when someone pays for their wash I’m not sure I understand how the wash has nothing to do with it?

Wash4Life

Reaction score
I can hold my doors from the laser wash control cabinet the laser wash activates the doors to open and close when someone pays for their wash I’m not sure I understand how the wash has nothing to do with it?
My guess is that nothing is too strong of a word. While the doors and the 4000s are linked, there apparently is a way to use Wi-Fi to open and close doors without having to be on-site.

Blanco

Reaction score
All the laser cabinet does just like any other manufacturer is send a signal to your door controller to open/close a door. The same as if you were to push the button on the door controller. If you want to open/close from your phone you will need two or four wifi smart plugs and two or four relays. I use two. I open both doors with one double pole relay/smart plug and close both doors with one double pole relay/smart plug. You do have to option to use four single pole relays and four smart plugs to open/close entrance door + open/close exit door individually. Here’s a quick sketch for using two smart plugs and two double pole relays.

Matfry

Reaction score
Hello
Thank you for the info im sure I can handle doing that but will the laser 4000 shut the doors after someone goes through because currently I have to hold doors open from the laser 4000 cabinet and if thats not done wont the laserwash 4000 send a signal to close the doors?

thank you
Matt

Jsobi

Reaction score
I don’t have doors, but we use a rear door eye to turn off the dryer. I know in the last versions of software you can make the doors, temperature and or time activated. You can have the doors stay open above a certain temp and or certain time of the day.

Blanco

Reaction score
Hello
Thank you for the info im sure I can handle doing that but will the laser 4000 shut the doors after someone goes through because currently I have to hold doors open from the laser 4000 cabinet and if thats not done wont the laserwash 4000 send a signal to close the doors?

thank you
Matt
Im sorry but I'm not sure I'm understanding what you are asking. Your laser cabinet wiring will all stay the same and operate as normal. The diagram I sent you is just to remotely open/close your doors from your phone. It does not replace the wiring or program from your laser cabinet. You are just tying into the common, open, and close on your door controllers and weather you do that in the door controller cabinet or the laser cabinet is up to you.

Matfry

Reaction score
Oh sorry I was trying to find a way to open the doors and hold them open on the nice busy days as anywhere from 80 to 120 cars go through to save wear and tear as the doors arent closed for to long anyway, my question was if I use your method to open the doors wont the laser 4000 simply close them again when it sends the signal to do so after a wash. Although I guess I could figure out a way to open the doors then cut the power to the doors so the 4000 cant reshut them.

thanks
matt

Blanco

Reaction score
Yes you can just open the doors and kill the power if that is all your trying to achieve. A lot simpler then wiring it up. I don't know what type of doors you have but all newer door controllers the open signal will override a close signal for safety reasons. If you do wire it up like I sent you and you hold the open signal the doors will not close when the laser sends a signal if your door controller is programmed like that.