What's new

LASER M5 MEASURING WOES

zed 9

Reaction score
Hello hope everyone is well,
our Laser Wash M5 the trolley / arch is going wide full extents on all passes around a car. No problems measuring the lengths.
Regarding the side ultrasonics and in Auto mode should i hear them "ticking "?? I only hear the "ticking " in Maintenance Mode, is this correct or is there something wrong.
I have installed two new side ultrasonics but the trolley / arch still goes too wide, and carried out a Run ( test 0 ) to detect the presence of all flags and Run ( Test 2 ) run the trolley left - right and the bridge front- back several times. My numbers for the trolley encoder left to right are within 3 of each other and the bridge encoder back numbers is 205 and the front is 231.
I have carried out Config 5 Test, the bridge moves 5 times front and back, the trolley moved to the center of the bridge and the machine enunciates High Limit repeatedly.
Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what is causing the trolley / arch to go wide.

Best regards
zed9

Lilwarrenb

Reaction score
Mine is also doing this and when the trolley goes wide it trips the wash on "Carriage Move Timeout" Did you ever figure it out?

zed 9

Reaction score
so far with the side measuring ultrasonics there is no "ticking sound" in Auto mode / machine idle, you only get the ticking in Maintenance mode. Two new side measuring ultrasonics Left and Right and side ultrasonic calibration Config 5 enter on the remote. Our machine is measuring the sides better now but still not a100% the right hand (of the bay) u/s is measuring close to 18 inches from the car side but the left hand is further out.

When i was doing the calibration Config 5 enter, the bridge and trolley did move a little and the arch rotated, the bridge started to travel to the entrance but the arch side arm didn't go past the side u/s. It looked like the machine was trying to do the u/c calibration but something else is not right and the calibration is incomplete.
The machine is telling me (enunicating) High Limit / High Limit repeatedly, i have to find out what this means