What's new

laser 4000 will not reset at joy stick?

Liberty

Reaction score
Im still having problems with laser intermittenly stopping during any wash cycle.when we try to reset machine bridge will not move trolley or arch rotation wont budge.Today ABB speedcontroller says fl16.Had service out last week 6hrs later could not get it to fail while they are there.Sometimes all the time or could be every other car or it could be days.Checked festoon ,voltages grnds.seemed ok.Why would all 3 of motors not move at joy stick?Contactors will pull in inside JO.when joy stick is moved for appropriate front back or arch rotation?Any suggestions?:confused:

Mike

Reaction score
f 16 is a earth fault, one of the output legs is shorting to ground. This could be festoon, or motor itself.
I would narrow down what move it is happening on, then swap out festoon wires to spares if possable, then replace the motor.
hope this helps.
Regards
Mike

Liberty

Reaction score
Hi Mike as we talked yesterday I found a rag wrapped on rail .I have the old old old style Laser with the metal box covers over the bridge guide rollers.The rag was tangled inside cover around roller.Could not be seen until cover was removed.I cut out the rag and bridge was able to move no fault 16.I will keep watching to see if that solved my fl 2.problem? Thanks for your time.
Mike Bonomo
LIBERTY CARWASH