What's new

Laser 4000 will not move intertmittenly

Liberty

Reaction score
Has anybody had a problem with laser where wash stops in different locations while washing,try to reset laser with joy stick but nothing moves can here contactors pulling in but no movement on trolley ,bridge or arch rotation.than after a while it will move than stop again.fl 2 on speed controller.

Mike

Reaction score
What type of speed controller do you have installed?
If it a ABB a fl2 is a dc bus overload. That means either the drive is absorbing to much regeneration energy from the bridge when it slows down, or the incoming line voltage is to high.

What is the incoming line voltage to the machine, each leg to ground? L1.L2,L3 to ground.
Also what is the voltage between each of the 3 phase legs?

If these are normal, you may fix this by increasing the decel time on the drive, call me for details on that.

Or.... your gear box may need to be replaced as that is what we realy on to slow the machine.
Hope this helps. Call with any questions
Regards
Mike

Last edited:

Liberty

Reaction score
What type of speed controller do you have installed?
If it a ABB a fl2 is a dc bus overload. That means either the drive is absorbing to much regeneration energy from the bridge when it slows down, or the incoming line voltage is to high.

What is the incoming line voltage to the machine, each leg to ground? L1.L2,L3 to ground.
Also what is the voltage between each of the 3 phase legs?

If these are normal, you may fix this by increasing the decel time on the drive, call me for details on that.

Or.... your gear box may need to be replaced as that is what we realy on to slow the machine.
Hope this helps. Call with any questions
Regards
Mike
Thanks Mike I will check it out MONDAY MORNING thank .Mike

waright

Reaction score
a lot of older pdq's have corrosion inside of a motor's electrical box. a lot of times, the screws that hold the cover plate on the motor will rust away or will get broken when someone tries to get it open. this allows moisture to get into the connections. A leaking inline swivel may be letting a lot of water into the connection box on a motor, causing a freq. drive fault. Look closely at the rotate or trolley drive motors. if you pay attention to where you find the lazer stopping, you should be able to determine if it is a rotate problem, a trolley problem, or a bridge problem.

Liberty

Reaction score
I WILL CHECK MOTOR COVER PLATES 1ST THING THIS MORNING .I ohmed out outputs from contactors all 3 everything seemed ok.but I will check cover plates and wiring.
thanks for input.

pattiiewack

Reaction score
Laser4000

Thanks Mike I will check it out MONDAY MORNING thank .Mike
We had that happen to us 1st time it was low air in the tires. Then it was
the rail was worn so it made the tire spin and would stay in one place on the second pass so we bought the paint with sand . put the on the rails and put new tires on it has never happen again. But we do keep putting the sand paint on the rails about every 3 months. We was lucky that it wasn't the speed control
Good luck

Liberty

Reaction score
hey pattiewack
Thanks for input but everything runs fine but all of a sudden laser stops get error on abb speed controller.No run on.I see it stop But thanks for input.On one of my lasers I have diamond plate on rails on the the other I bought a quart of bondo car repair and a 1/4 tile 4in wide trowel in tile department mixed as instructed put it on rails not lenght wise but across rails.it will last for years.Paint and sand I used to do but same as you had to replace constantly.
Can be done in winter as long`as rail heat is on Thanks for again.Good luck