What's new

Laser 4000 Trouble

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
Have a PDQ 4000 with virtual treadle, length measures ok, wont measure width correct ,wide drivers side, foam arch rides passenger side slamming mirrors, took out 1 shear bolt. Does not seem consistent with width measures..No trouble code at JO panel. Thanks for the info.

wolfe

PDQ Wolfe
Reaction score
OK so here is my answer, 30 prox is receiving interferance, even though the festoon cable is fairly new, 50 ft of 18 ga 3 wire, from 30 prox down festoon to jo should cure the issue.

dreese

dreese
Reaction score
If this is a consistent problem the first thing I would do is recalibrate the ultrasonics, being sure to have the set target on the car side of the spray arch. I would set the left and right buffers for 3 lights to start and adjust from there. It sounds like your wash envelope is offset to the left.

Mike

Reaction score
Have a PDQ 4000 with virtual treadle, length measures ok, wont measure width correct ,wide drivers side, foam arch rides passenger side slamming mirrors, took out 1 shear bolt. Does not seem consistent with width measures..No trouble code at JO panel. Thanks for the info.
If you turn the VT dial to the number 2 position and the #5 led is on this tells me you have issues with noise or the X30 prox. If the #5 led is not on the machine is getting bad readings from the ultrasound sensor or is not calibrated correctly.
Feel free to call PDQ tech support for more help troubleshooting this issue.

Etowah