What's new

Laser 4000 swivel leak

Reaction score
The 90 degree swivel is leaking I noticed that there's one zerk on one side and the other side not sure what it is a breather but that's where the water is coming out of I got a new 90 degree swivel from a wash world high velocity that one has to there's one on each side was thinking just pop out this thing whether it's a breather or a broken zerk and just replace it with a greaser zerk or will that mess something up don't really feel like switching out the whole swivel but puzzled as to why there is water leaking out of the one also if I try to put grease on the 1 Zurich it squeezes out the other side and pushes water with it thanks . I guess the question is is can they both be zrks or does it have to have a breather looking at the diagram the 4000 and the velocity 90 swivels are same but vary in the zrks?????

Reaction score
The 90 degree swivel is leaking I noticed that there's one zerk on one side and the other side not sure what it is a breather but that's where the water is coming out of I got a new 90 degree swivel from a wash world high velocity that one has to there's one on each side was thinking just pop out this thing whether it's a breather or a broken zerk and just replace it with a greaser zerk or will that mess something up don't really feel like switching out the whole swivel but puzzled as to why there is water leaking out of the one also if I try to put grease on the 1 Zurich it squeezes out the other side and pushes water with it thanks . I guess the question is is can they both be zrks or does it have to have a breather looking at the diagram the 4000 and the velocity 90 swivels are same but vary in the zrks?????
from what i've seen if it's leaking from the secondary hole that means the seal is starting to fail internally. putting a zirk or bolt etc in the leaking hole will only make it leak in the middle at the seal more unfortunately. sometimes it will last for a while sometimes it creates enough pressure to blow out the rest of the seal rather quickly.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just replace the whole swivel, esp. if you have a spare. Can't be that bad a job. Shut the wash down and take your time. I find it relaxing now to do a project like this. In the scope of my business life, replacing car wash parts and doing mechanical repairs is a nice break for me.

Then when you have the old one out you can rebuild it and have it as a spare.

On my machine ( different from yours), I rebuilt a swivel from D.S.T.I by taking out old o rings, then putting outer and inner sections of swivel in a vibrating mini parts washer. Worked great. I stalled new seals with the help of a friend and it worked great.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I eventually want to replace all my 1" fittings on my Laserwash 4000 with Mosmatic fittings no grease fittings & there super nice but so is the price tag. That's another option also to think about no more pulling out the big tall ladder just to grease that 90 overhead and that inline swivel in the bridge. You could grease it all with a 6ft ladder would be sweet I think. I like Mosmatic in the SS I have tried Kleen right brand swivels over the years but always come back to Mosmatics they last so much longer and smooth no resistance. Just something to think about but they are pricey.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Dont waste your time rebuilding the swivel!! I have done mine a few times and they never last, I just replace. When you grease them you have to take out one of the grease zerks and put in a bleeder and pump until grease comes out. If you leave two zerks in you wont be able to get the water out. If you just take a zerk out and pump up all the bearings will come out. I took an old zerk apart and filed some grooves in the back side and just use that as my bleeder. I hear the Mosmatics are very good.

Reaction score
Yup its junk like everything else my installer claimed was new or rebuilt.
Whole thing rotted out inside
and i did go with a super swivel only took a few minutes to change.
Took longer to post and think about then to actually change :)
thanks for the input
and if you ever come across a little fellow named logan k field with a so called l and k company
kick him in the shins and send him on his way he is a complete scam artist.
Has been installing suppose refurbished machines in ohio area.
Nothing has been refurbished nothing will be refurbished
theres a handful of carwasher owners looking for this little smurf.
Good thing is now i know how to fully rebuild a 4000 thanks to all of you