What's new

Laser 4000 problem??

Harper220

Reaction score
I had a brief electrical storm earlier this evening and it must have interrupted the power on my Laser 4000. I had to re-program everything, but now on the JO Box screen it displays "Manual Mode" and won't allow the wash to be in service. I tried to reset the power again and even put the key in the joystick box to no avail. My attendant explained to me that when the power came back on that the machine started running on it's own (hi pressure pump), but the spray arch stayed put. Who knows how long it ran before she was aware it was running?? Also, when I tried to manually move bridge from home to entrance it just crept real slowly and when moving spray arch back to home it won't go all the way back. Can anyone help me trouble shoot what might be going on here? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
sounds like you may have gotten hit during that storm. you kinda have to check it out piece by piece. first off the manual mode means the input x-35? (if my memory is good maybe x34) is on thats the input from the key switch. if the key switch is in auto and the laser still thinks its in manual its either stray power going to that input a bad input card or the computer got zapped during the storm and who knows what its thinking. all your bridge flag sensors are x23-24-25-26-27 they are on the same card as the x-30's so maybe the card is smoked , maybe the whole backplane maybe the lasermind.

best bet to start from scratch like it was a new machine test everything see what exactly works and doesn't. may lead you towards the culprit.

lag

Reaction score
X34 is the input for manual mode. Is it lit on the input card? if it is disconnect it at the key switch first then move your way back to the J0 until it goes out. if it is not then run an input card test in diagnostics,and see if the controller is actually seeing the input or not.

The speed of the machine is controlled from the lasermind. there is a cable from the controller to the VFD ,it carries an analog signal to the VFD, usually when a machine is running slow the cable is loose ,or a wire is disconnected ,but with lightening,you very well could have fried something.

In your post you also mentioned that your pump was on ,Did you get a watchdog reset printout? I have had bad software chips in a controller ,and have had the pump stay on ,also have seen the dryer stick on.

Did you loose your system option number? 100 enter 30 enter will show your number,check it to see if it is correct.

Lightening issues can be hard to troubleshoot in a forum ,hopefully you have a good distributor , to help you out.