What's new

laser 4000 motor run on

Liberty

Reaction score
Having problems with my Laser 4000 with motor run on it seems to be happening in the same two locations each time.
Wash will start as usual go across front of car down the driverside arch turns to do rear of car and stops there no movement,the stop light indicator goes blank and the Laser needs to be reset to normal position.Printout says Motor run on.
It also happens as the laser comes back up from rear of the car on passenger side and towards the front makes the turn to go across the front and it stops there.Same read out Motor run on?Any suggestions
tires look good rollers greased don`t ever see tires slipping.THANKS
Mike
Liberty Carwash

Liberty

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will check in the morning and get back to you.

Liberty

Reaction score
I replaced contactor today terrible weather i will get back to you when i start washing cars.

21 Wash

Reaction score
I believe we might be having the same issue. Did replacing the trolley contactor solve the problem?

pgrzes

Reaction score
I disagree with a contactor causing a motor run on! your plc will not know that a contactor is sticking! The plc is looking for the carriage or trolley being in a certain position at a certain time. I would think a prox is not being read properly at the right time pr place. I have a Washworld HV so basically same. I would begin by checking the carriage box connections, if you use the wego connectors check for corrosion, from there to the prox connection, then the prox itself. If always in similar locations check the festoon at that location, grab it pull it, move it shake it, look for a prox flash. These are the problems that can drive us insane. Good luck. let us know what you find out.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I disagree with a contactor causing a motor run on! your plc will not know that a contactor is sticking! The plc is looking for the carriage or trolley being in a certain position at a certain time. I would think a prox is not being read properly at the right time pr place. I have a Washworld HV so basically same.
It would be a contactor if the contactor pulls in, but does not make all 3 poles connection - in which the machine would be trying to drive, but going nowhere due to single phasing of trolley motor. It can fault to 'motor run on' error before the overload breaker would trip. Contactors can fail open just like they can fail closed.

pgrzes

Reaction score
It would be a contactor if the contactor pulls in, but does not make all 3 poles connection - in which the machine would be trying to drive, but going nowhere due to single phasing of trolley motor. It can fault to 'motor run on' error before the overload breaker would trip. Contactors can fail open just like they can fail closed.
Ok I could see that. That would be an easy thing to check as you know what the last movement was, or more importantly what the missing movement was. Clamp on meter to each wire right at the contactor. But the fact that it is doing it in similar position all the time would lead me to festoon. I have twice on my machine had a festoon problem once on the trolley box where it bends around into the box, last 2 wires were flexing, another on the main festoon had a small tear, and wire was arching on a pipe clamp occasionally. That one was a headache!!! I would rather the machine blows a gearbox!!! I know what it is and how to fix!! Troubleshooting kills us! And the distributers are no different then we are except that we are paying them to stand and scratch their head until it gets figured out!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Are you able to duplicate the problem at all with the joystick? If so, check your VFD for an error code.