What's new

Laser 4000 LP function

Etowah

Jim H.

Reaction score
Let me preface this by stating that I am new to the laser 4000. Your responses will probably take some time for me to completely understand. If I adjust the tri-foam to an accepatable level (about 150 p.s.i) my presoak skyrockets to 300 p.s.i. If I adjust the regulator back to 190 p.s.i. for presoak, my tri-foam does not work. Have any of you experienced this?

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
In many cases the pump may indicate plenty of pressure but not adequate volume which will not pull the proper amount of product on the Tri-foam application, I have seen this many times with an aged Procon pump. What type of pump are you currently using?

lag

Reaction score
Change to a Sta-rite (or something similar) ,you will get plenty of flow. It will cost a little more but ,the cost to upgrade is well worth it.

I would suggest calling washworld for the pump ,and other parts needed. Your PDQ distributor should also be able to help.

In simple terms when you are calling for tri-foam ,there are 3 solenoids opening up ,and the procon can not supply the volume to pull enough chemical through the the 3 lines ,unless you adjust the regulator.

when you crank up the regulator for tri-foam ,then run a soap function the pressure will be high ,because you are only opening 1 solenoid instead of three.

A Sta-rite will solve the volume issue you are having.

Jim H.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will call Wash World, I want to talk to them about technical support anyway. I have heard good things about the company from local operators.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will call Wash World, I want to talk to them about technical support anyway. I have heard good things about the company from local operators.
Jim,
The multi stage pump (Sta-rite) is the way to go, feel free to give us a call.
As far as technical support we offer this service to all, whether you're currently a Washworld customer or not. Our service is available 7/24 at absolutely no charge to anyone, we will do our very best to answer any questions. If we don't know the answer we'll find it!