What's new

Laser 4000 I/O modules

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Just bought 3 junk car washes from a bank and are working on fixing them up - so I have no history of what happened. The A4000 controllers were not in the J0 box, but I found a box of 5 controllers in the equipment room - one an a5000 (handwritten 'bad' on it), one an a3000, and the rest a4000s. I put pieces together and now have two (I think) functional a4000 units (some keypads and displays were swapped). The problem is that I can't force any outputs on modules 1 or 3 (the top two). I can, however, force any of the 2nd and 4th module outputs. Input modules 1 and 2 both are working fine. I have swapped module bases(the connection under the output modules), and replaced output cards - still nothing. Is there something I don't know about configuring the amount and location of the output modules to the controller? Could both controllers be defective in the same way? I hate to buy another controller for 10 million dollars just to have the same thing happen... Also, could updating the software somehow fix this...?

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
J,
I have a functional and updated A5000 I'd be willing to part with for only 8 million dollars! Might as well save a few bucks, huh? :rolleyes:

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Deal! Ill take you up on the no credit check 0 down financing also! If your serious, i will buy it tomorrow - or rent it to figure out the problem...I think the a5000 requires an external dc power supply... do you have that also? By the way, i also have 10 for sale at a lower price than yours...:)

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Sorry JG...I was just funnin with ya. Wish I could help.

tomwash

Reaction score
New to the site:
I do have spare parts for laser 4000. lost lease closing down.
If you know anybody.

Thanks

PEI

Reaction score
Since you have replaced the cards and their bases, have you checked the communications cable that connects them to the controller. They get breaks in them from opening and closing the door over time. It is cheaper than a new controller.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I did. Thanks for the reply. The problem was the lasermind. Traded one with RDM and fixed the problem immediately... Thanks RDM