What's new

Laser 4000 docking dryers

mac

Reaction score
I was looking at one of these dryer assemblies and noticed that the two side blower exhaust nozzles didn't oscillate very much compared to the center one. After a little checking it seems they are designed this way. They move about 6 degrees compared to the 36 degree center one. This just seemed odd. Has anyone ever played with this to get improved performance? If so, what did you do?

mac

Reaction score
Well I wasn't expecting a hundred responses, but I was hoping for at least one. This just seems like a dumb design.

PEI

Reaction score
I have never tried to change how much cone movement a LaserWind has. However, I would start by looking at the length and angles of the connecting arms. The square drive shaft turns the plastic cams, which are all alike. The only difference is in the length of the connecting arms and how and where they attach to the cones.

Just out of curiosity is the LaserWind not drying well. I have both the 40 hp freestanding LaserDri and 30 hp LaserWind and both do a good job of drying the vehicles when operating properly. My biggest problem with LaserWinds have been the magnets used for docking not the cones.

mac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It's doing OK on drying, but we replaced some worn out linkage and noticed the outer cones barely move. The manual say they move 6 degrees. That just seems an odd way to build an oscillating blower.