What's new

Laser 4000 customer can't drive straight!

Semi-retired

Reaction score
I'm considering a new automatic for the simple fact these people cannot seem to figure out how to drive straight in without turning left over two feet from center.
I have lines on the floor, cones from the pay station to just inside the door and from the t-bar out the exit side trying to create a guide.

Any other solution that you have seen work well?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's what guide rails are for. Customers always veer left, even with rails. Operators get hung-up on the "Unobstructed bay look" and that comes with consequences. I've never heard a customer say it made a bit of difference to them.

APW

Reaction score
I had a High Velocity that was driving me crazy hitting multiple mirrors everyday. I moved the floor markers in some and that helped but the solution was putting in a new Razor. I hardly ever hit mirrors now and its nice not to get phone calls every day!

PEI

Reaction score
I purchased traffic markers from Safety Cones USA and used them to create reflective lines that run the entire length of the bay. The reflectors are about $1.30 each. I epoxied them down with the same epoxy used to put them onto the road which I purchased from HD Supply. They are spaced every 18 inches to 24 inches depending on how long the bay is. They run from just before the undercarriage to just under the dryer on our free standing dryer bays and to the exit on our docking dryer bays.

Since they have been installed our mirror impacts have almost completely stopped. When I see an impact now it is from a bike rack.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
PEI what's the exact brand of epoxy because every epoxy I have ever used glueing them down doesn't never last over 6 months and I can't screw them down bc of floor heat. Thanks a lot Thomas

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
TDL, I was unsuccessful using epoxy as well. Try these thermoplastic adhesive squares. You simply set it down where you want it, heat it up real good with a torch and press your reflector into it. I've used them in four automatic bays for about 2-3 years now and have only had 3 or 4 come loose from the floor. When that happens you simply reheat the edges and stick it down again. The nice thing is its instant unlike epoxies where you need to let it cure.

http://www.orange-traffic-cones.com/PROD/PAVEMENTMARKERADHESIVEPAD.html

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Gobuckeyes thank you so much sir. I sure will try them Awsome

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
You might want to consider strategy used by police for DUI pullovers.

Here cops use traffic cones to form an entrance lane. At beginning of lane, cones are spread far apart. Then cones are spaced closer and closer together approaching the stop point to help people aim better.

I saw someone do this with bump poles (bright yellow with stripes) in Florida panhandle.

Food for thought

PEI

Reaction score
I used Adhesive Technologies Ultra Bond 1300. It can be used in a wet bay.

soonermajic

Reaction score
PEI, has that worked? If so, how long have they stayed down?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I purchased traffic markers from Safety Cones USA and used them to create reflective lines that run the entire length of the bay. The reflectors are about $1.30 each. I epoxied them down with the same epoxy used to put them onto the road which I purchased from HD Supply. They are spaced every 18 inches to 24 inches depending on how long the bay is. They run from just before the undercarriage to just under the dryer on our free standing dryer bays and to the exit on our docking dryer bays.

Since they have been installed our mirror impacts have almost completely stopped. When I see an impact now it is from a bike rack.
can you buy those reflectors individually, or do you have to buy them 50 @ a time?

MEP001

Reaction score
I saw a bunch of them at a Habitat ReStore for 50¢ apiece.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Where is this Habitat Restore? As you know, I'll be down there inn another day or 2...
Think they still have them?

Reaction score
I did not have much luck with the glue on reflectors pop off after time
i ended up using plastic parking block on each side
and yes they still find a way to drive over them
one ding dong almost tore my bay door off and another went so far left she almost hit the wall
cant help stupid people sometimes good luck
i thought of putting the bay sign on the right side to see if they would veer right then.???????

Scrub Free

Reaction score
3m. Marine 5200 West marine or home depot carry it. Nice thing to have on hand in general.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Sorry, I use floor reflectors, 5200 is an adhesive I use to hold them down. It also works well in a wet area.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
I'm not sure what they used when they were originally installed, but they started popping off in like 3 weeks. The ones I glued down with 5200 are still on the floor for about a year now. Only downfall is 5200 is a slow dry so for 2 days I just be sure they remain in the correct position then step on them for a minute.once its dry it's really tough stuff.I think it's 5200 pounds per square inch