What's new

Laser 4000 controller display

Mike

Reaction score
You should verify that softare chip is inserted correctly and not loose.
Also, there is a large capicator close to the main softare chip on the motherboard, some times one of the electrodes between the capicator and the mother board break and cause this.

Otherwise,
You need to verify that you have 110-120 volts ac going into the lasermind. You can check the grey - white plug on the left side under the fan. (looking from rear of cpu)
If thats ok, remove rear cover and verify that you have 24Vac coming out of the little transformer in the cpu. There are two wires going from the transformer to the mother board, you can check there.

If that is ok, and you have check the software chip and capicator, the cpu is starting to fail. The unit may run for a long time like this, (i have seem them run like this for years but i cant say that it will) but I would start looking for another unit to have on hand.

If its a A5000 we should be able to repair the unit if you choose to do that.
If y ou have any more questions please contact me at PDQ.
Regards
Mike

lag

Reaction score
We have 3 or 4 A5000's laying around , if you i can help with a loaner or a spare. i will PM you my info. I am also in in Iowa.

collegefund

Reaction score
I will put a meter on it and see where it takes me, thanks everyone for the help. Lag, how can I get in touch?? where in IA??

Mike

Reaction score
A2000 units have not been made in 16 years, we no longer support them as we cant get components for the motherboards.

If you cant find another A2000 unit, you will probally be forced to upgrade to A5000 unit.
The good news is its a pretty easy upgrade for a knowlagable tech.
If your comfortable working with low voltage electricity I could walk you thu it over the phone, its a few hours work.
PDQ has a kit with all the nessasary wire cables and instructions.

give me a call at PDQ if you have any questions

Regards
Mike

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I have a used A4000 sitting on my desk that was just replaced with one we got from Ryko, these are remans and MUCH cheaper than new. You might try calling Ryko and see if what they have in stock might work. I have been ordering A LOT of PDQ parts from Ryko lately and they seem to always have what I need in stock. Since you are in Iowa, I would call the factory.

Randy

Reaction score
I've got a line on a complete JO cabinet, if that will help you.

lag

Reaction score
I should also have the cables/ controller you would need if you decide to change out the a2000 to an a5000.

Mike

Reaction score
Sorry i didnt respond faster i am traveling and this is the first chance i have had to check posts.
I will find out today and send you a PM.

Regards
Mike