What's new

Large Vehicle Wash Systems

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing a rigid height restriction sign as a barrier to entry for overheight vehicles when I install my new equipment. I would rather replace a damaged double 2'x 8' than a gearbox on my machine!
That's what I did, except I used doubled-up 2 x 12's a full inch lower than the machine clearance. I didn't think it would be necessary until after someone knocked down the clearance bar hanging from chains and wrecked the machine. Cost was some $38,000 just in parts.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well the WashWorld Razor is back up and running we ordered a new top spray bar and new covers, the service techs checked everything over and didn't find any issues with the gearbox or motor assembly on trolley or gantry, but it could have been a lot worse if she had kept driving forward at least she had enough sense to leave that bay and go over to my self serve bay and use her Credit Card which was the smoking gun to tracking down the driver of the FedEx vehicle.

slash007

Reaction score
Well the WashWorld Razor is back up and running we ordered a new top spray bar and new covers, the service techs checked everything over and didn't find any issues with the gearbox or motor assembly on trolley or gantry, but it could have been a lot worse if she had kept driving forward at least she had enough sense to leave that bay and go over to my self serve bay and use her Credit Card which was the smoking gun to tracking down the driver of the FedEx vehicle.
Lol the past 4 times someone has hit my touch free, they went over to the SS bay and washed. 3 used a card and one I had to find via plates. The last guy was livid and kept asking how I found him and knew his name. Between the credit card and Facebook to confirm, it was easy.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a very heavy duty stand alone arch (steel I-beam?) that is in front of the building a few feet. The bottom height would be the max clearance of the machine and it could be covered with signage. It could even have pre-inspection cameras in it with the camera bodies hiding behind the signage. I would design it in a way that it has several pieces bolted together so that WHEN someone hits it and bends it then you don't need an entire arch. (hopefully) The only thing I don't like about the idea is that it might ruin the tall inviting open feel of the bay entrance.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a very heavy duty stand alone arch (steel I-beam?) that is in front of the building a few feet. The bottom height would be the max clearance of the machine and it could be covered with signage. It could even have pre-inspection cameras in it with the camera bodies hiding behind the signage. I would design it in a way that it has several pieces bolted together so that WHEN someone hits it and bends it then you don't need an entire arch. (hopefully) The only thing I don't like about the idea is that it might ruin the tall inviting open feel of the bay entrance.
I would do exactly that if I had an unattended automatic machine. Something very sturdy that will not give with rigid signage with the height restriction crystal clear. They have to replace their vehicle before you have to replace your machine. 😂

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm thinking of a very heavy duty stand alone arch (steel I-beam?) that is in front of the building a few feet.
I've seen that done with 6" steel pipe neatly welded and painted. It looked very clean and should stop anything smaller than a loaded cement mixer truck.

soapy

Reaction score
I have full ryko built clearance frame in front of a monarch 2 touch less. It keeps too tall and too wide of vehicles out with 6 inch square frame aluminum that bolts to entrance floor. It helps people get lined up before entering but a few people still can't drive straight once they get past it and have driven up over the rails.