What's new

L4000 Ultrasonics

washnvac

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much you paid for the older, big blue ultrasonics for a Laser 4000? (Not labor; just the two sensors without the vt board)

Thanks in advance.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine are from APG (not on a laser) and are about $500 new.

They can be reprogrammed in some cases; you may want to check this.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
I believe List was around $800. APG is the way to go....last time I spoke with them they can also repair, but the lead time was 2 weeks

PEI

Reaction score
They are around $840.00 a piece. You have to have the correct one. You can not put two rights or lefts in the same bay. I suggest the upgrade kit with the new cheaper black ultrasonics. It is about the price of one of the blue ultrasonics, they are usually more reliable and a whole lot cheaper to replace later.

washnvac

Reaction score
They are around $840.00 a piece. You have to have the correct one. You can not put two rights or lefts in the same bay.
OK. I just had new ones put on. I was not prepared for the $842 price each. Service guy told me he thought they were about $400 each.

Can APG repair the old blue ones? If so, info please.

I had a conversation with him regarding the new ones, but with the software upgrade, he said it was a lot more.

Thanks.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I know where you can get them for 690.00 new! Send me an email (mhartzer@rwmercer.com) if your interested and I can tell you were you can buy Laser wash parts from someone in your area!

Mike

Reaction score
OK. I just had new ones put on. I was not prepared for the $842 price each. Service guy told me he thought they were about $400 each.

Can APG repair the old blue ones? If so, info please.

I had a conversation with him regarding the new ones, but with the software upgrade, he said it was a lot more.

Thanks.
There is no need for a software upgrade to install the new black sonics kit on a 4000. They will work with any software that supports the VT option.
Regards

washnvac

Reaction score
There is no need for a software upgrade to install the new black sonics kit on a 4000. They will work with any software that supports the VT option.
Regards
Well ain't that a bitch?? Why is PDQ still selling the blue ones then?? If the black ones are cheaper, and do not require any software upgrade, who the heck would want the blue ones at a much higher cost? (reminder, I just spent $1684 for two)

Am I missing part of the equation here?

Mike

Reaction score
Well ain't that a bitch?? Why is PDQ still selling the blue ones then?? If the black ones are cheaper, and do not require any software upgrade, who the heck would want the blue ones at a much higher cost? (reminder, I just spent $1684 for two)

Am I missing part of the equation here?
We still sell the blue units because that is what some operators want.
We have had feed back that the labor cost of installing the new upgrade kit can cause the cost to be higher that just replacing the blue sonics for the initial upgrade.

In the long run it is cheaper to replace the blue units with the new upgrade kit as any sonic failure is much cheaper to replace.

In the end it is up to the operators to investigate costs of different solutions to any problems and to make an informed decision on how they want to fix thier machine.

You can call our Tech support or Parts line to discuss options on upgrading machines Mon - Fri 8 am - 430 pm.

Regards
Mike