What's new

Kudos to this store owner

seattleguy

Reaction score
Great Video! Makes me want to go the range. Do many of you guys carry a firearm at your car wash?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
The key here to mentally prepare yourself to kill. If you can't do that do not buy a gun.

One split second of hesitation will get you killed.

I think after the second time, I'd have called that neighborhood quits.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Do many of you guys carry a firearm at your car wash?
Yes. I took the class and got my handgun carry permit. I try to go to the indoor shooting range and target shoot a couple times a week. Like Bill said, if your not mentally prepared to use it, don't carry it.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Speaking of preparation and training. The morning after a shootout between a drunk with a gun and 3 of our finest in which 18 shots were fired and none of them hit the drunk, the Chief of Police was having coffee with our group and tried to explain how this could happen. He showed us that when your hand is trembling really bad, you tend to miss what you are shooting at..

IMO, the mental preparation is more important than the physical. You are going to be within 10', your biggest problem is not killing them, but wounding them and getting sued.

I read somewhere that you have 3/4 of a seconds advantage on a guy that has a gun pointed at you, because you have already decided to shoot him and he hasn't.

When a friend of mine's brother an off duty Sheriff shot and killed a guy trying to hold up someone. His mother was on TV saying that the only reason that he was robbing the guy was to get money for college.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Yes. I took the class and got my handgun carry permit. I try to go to the indoor shooting range and target shoot a couple times a week. Like Bill said, if your not mentally prepared to use it, don't carry it.
I did the same as you but like Bill said , I am not sure I would really rrally be mentally prepared under circumstances like the watch guy in the video.