What's new

KR vs. Fragramatics scents

soonermajic

Reaction score
KR water based is $11.50 & Fragramatics water based is $18.13

Is there really that much of a difference? Percentage wise that is quite a difference.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Well if you just go by product,, Fragramatics smells better an lasts longer in jug it does not get milky.

MEP001

Reaction score
Fragramatics fragrances last longer in the car and actually smell like what they're supposed to. Kleen-Rite's smell good but you only get a vague hint of what they should. FWIW I only use oil-based, the fragrance lasts for several days where the water-based lasts about five minutes to an hour.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Mep using oil based do you ever notice your lines getting clogged up? Just happened to me and didn't know if there was some preventative maintenance I could start doing such as maybe run alcohol through them once a week or some other type of cleaner

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Fragramatics products separating and clogging the lines. When I worked for a distributor we mixed our own with Nevitt concentrates and isopar oil, one of the guys would leave the concentrate containers open and after exposure to air for a few months it would separate out into sludge which would clog the lines and solenoids. I'd pump WD-40 through to clean it. Alcohol works too if it isn't completely clogged.

celica

Reaction score
I used the kleenrite oil based. It ended up making the plastic lines hard and brittle. I am now using the Magic mist oil based. It keeps the lines flexible and is a much better product. The fragamatic is also excellent compared to the kleenrite's house brand. Spend the little extra and get either the magic mist or the fragamatic. It's not worth the hassle to deal with clogged lines or brittle lines breaking. That's been my experience.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use Nuscents water based concentrates. Beginning Oct 1. each year I dilute with washer antifreeze instead of water.

OurTown

Reaction score
I use Nuscents water based concentrates. Beginning Oct 1. each year I dilute with washer antifreeze instead of water.

How long do they last after being sprayed in the car? Do you have any issues with clogging?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How long do they last after being sprayed in the car? Do you have any issues with clogging?
No clogging issues. How long they last is determined by may factors such as Temperature and ho much the windows are open. Should last until they leave the lot. Really I am thinking a few days. https://nuscentsonline.com/products/nuscents-free-sample/. I like the ability to store concentrates instead of Gallons.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The best smelling scents I've used was warsaw's oil based.

Some of KR's smell like crap.

I don't get trying to save a few bucks on a gallon of fragrance. I think you probably get hundreds of vends out of a gallon of fragrance.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I don't get trying to save a few bucks on a gallon of fragrance. I think you probably get hundreds of vends out of a gallon of fragrance.
With 8 machines that dispense fragrance, perhaps 6 different scents for me it was a question of inventorying / ordering 48 Gallons versus concentrates.

MEP001

Reaction score
With 8 machines that dispense fragrance, perhaps 6 different scents for me it was a question of inventorying / ordering 48 Gallons versus concentrates.
I think he's talking about the difference in cost between Kleen-Rite's and a good one like Fragramatics.

There's something not right with Kleen-Rite's oil-based fragrances. When you buy theirs by the five gallon it's about $5 a gallon cheaper than I could get just the base oil as a distributor.

slash007

Reaction score
I have exclusively used KR oil based scents for years. Other than the wild cherry constantly clogging the lines, I have not had a single issue with any other scent. No clogging or brittle lines.