What's new
Car Wash Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KR Super Concentrate Dilution Help

GusDohn

New member
I'm waving the white flag, I need help! 😆
I was hired to manage a few SS wash locations for a new owner. I'm learning as I go, what a ride it's been! My latest endeavor is to get chemical delivery to the bays dialed in for best customer experience. The previous owner seems to have leaned more toward the budget route and most of the chems seem on the lean side. We are aiming for a customer first approach. I don't understand how the previous owner figured the dilution.

I'm going to use HP Soap as the example. The soap at the wand is less than okay. In the pump room, it is KR Orange Creme. Not pre diluted. It is direct draw with a standard hydrominder through 1/4" tubing. It appears to be an orange push-in metering tip. (Unsure if actually orange or stained from the soap dye?) Is anyone else direct drawing? What color tip do you use? Is the 1/4" draw tube common? I tend to see 1/2" usually.

In fact all of the chems are direct draw. Orange Creme Soap, Bubble Up FB, Purple Passion Pre-Soak and Kleen White TC. Would it be better to start pre diluting? Would that further dilute HP soap and make soap even less in bay?

My head is just mud trying to sort all of it out. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!
 
Keep increasing tip size until you get the look you want in the bays. Dilution charts are just a starting point, and those charts assume water thin chemical, so usually not accurate for thicker chemical like the KR ultra concentrate. Water quality will play a big role in how much chemical you'll have to use to make it look good in the bays. Just try 1 chemical at a time. 1/4 draw tubes work fine and are preferred over the 1/2 by a lot of operators. If the soaps are as weak as you suggest in the bays, might be worth increasing 2-3 tip sizes and then see how it looks and adjust from there.

HP soap gets diluted twice, so a little more complex to setup. Once at the hydrominder and again at the pump. And depends on how much water vs soap solution the HP pumps are pulling on the intake

EDIT: search these forums about those chemicals, there's a good amount of info about them on here. We use the bubble up and tire cleaner, everything else was not up to our liking
 
Back
Top