What's new

Kleen Rite

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been growing increasingly frustrated with Kleen Rite since March. I have had to find alternate suppliers for car wash and detail supplies due to a lack of availability of simple things like foam polish for my car wash and vinyl dressing for my detail shop.

Another bothersome situation is a lack of telephone operators at Kleen Rite to field my call. I leave a message, like they ask, and do not receive a timely call back, or, even worse, I receive no call back. I'm fairly certain that my I.T. guy could solve this type of problem, so Kleen-Rite should be able to, too!

I'm sure there are supply-chain issues at present within the marketplace and that has to be hard on Kleen-Rite. Bit it is also hard on me, the end-user.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
The Big Ape is pushing you to order online only and then they like to ship back orders at their convenience it's the New China virus way. I hear you wax man I agree. And it's not just them

MEP001

Reaction score
The Big Ape is pushing you to order online only and then they like to ship back orders at their convenience it's the New China virus way.
They've been handling backorders like that for years. If they have multiple backorder items one a free shipping order, they try to ship that backorder complete to save their costs, but if it's a paid shipping order they may send three or four separate shipments as items come in, unless you specify "SHIP BACKORDERS COMEPLETE" in your order.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
I tried that this last order and they got me they got me again

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I tried to call kleen rite for some medeco locks and got sent to voicemail last week what a freaking joke. I am buying as many parts as I can from Carwash Superstore they will answer the phone and get free shipping if you are in the membership program. I like kleen rites smooth bore vac hoses and there trigger guns besides that i am starting to wonder.

Etowah

sparkey

Reaction score
You have to watch them there too because they'll send you some other brand that's lighter and cheaper and splits easily.
That explains why the last vac hoses I ordered were junk. Started splitting after 3 months and I usually get a year or more.

Allen

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with Kleen Rite vacuum hoses splitting after a few months also. I used to replace them because
they were worn and dirty looking from wear. Now I'm throwing away practically new hoses due to splitting.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
What color I wandered. I had some black one split between the ribs. I spray them out so maybe the pressure get them.

Bob-O

Reaction score
You have to watch them there too because they'll send you some other brand that's lighter and cheaper and splits easily.
Thanks You, now I know why mine are splitting so bad in the last year.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If you get sent to voicemail, try calling back in just a couple of minutes, I usually get someone by the third try. Annoying- yes, but I assuming there must be some State -based mandates prohibiting from all employees from working in the office. MEP is right, there is obviously a solution available. Zoro's customer service reps work out of their home even before covid. IMO, KR is still a good company overall especially when you consider their low prices and tight margins. I also use CWSS often and they are a smaller company that is more customer service oriented. Historically, Dultmeier is great but a bit more expensive.

MEP001

Reaction score
Windtrax is pretty good too, their prices don't always look great online but many items ship at a much lower cost. I order my bay hoses from Windtrax because Kleen-Rite can't get the length right, sometimes they get multiple things wrong on one hose.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
RK is like a box of chocolate you don't know what you're going to get. I think the worst was when they opened up the store out west that's when they were running really bad

OurTown

Reaction score
The last few orders we placed with KR have had minor issues. The most notable one was that they sent the wrong vac bags and the customer service woman wanted to argue about what was the correct part number for our vacs. They always make things right but it seems as though it is more of a hassle with them. We have two account numbers with them because of some type of miscommunication and they wont combine them and remove the extra one. They say it can't be done. This is the kind of stuff that bothers me about the company. I have been trying to order as much as I can from CWSS. They are great to deal with. They don't carry nearly as much but many times they have ordered something in and shipped it for free with the rest of my order. (of course we have the Elite Club) They are only about 130 miles from us so if they have the item in stock we get it the next day. They do send an excessive amount of emails for an order though.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My experience with KR is nearly always good. Returned a 2 mo old Simoniz Vision Clear today, no problem

soonermajic

Reaction score
Well, I was NEVER credited ony Simoniz Vision Clear, & today Inwas charges $16 to "ship" 4 Cryptopay stickers!!!😡
Thatbwas AFTER being told 3x that they would NOT ship them, but they wpuld mail them!
I will teplybto this when they fix those 2 issues, which I believe they will.