What's new

Kleen Rite?

VetteCity

Reaction score
I am new to the car wash business and am attending the vegas show in hopes of purchasing mostly new equipment for my wash. In doing my research of course I have stumbled upon Kleen Rite and as I look at their site they have a place for reviews or ratings or whatever you want to call it 1-5 stars and none of their products have any. This looks very suspicious or negligent to me. I try not to do business with those kind of companies. I hear and see their name a lot, is it just because they are cheaper?
Anyone who has been doing business with them especially in parts (not chemicals) and can comment on the longevity your imput would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

MEP001

Reaction score
They do have the best prices on most of their items, and their customer service has improved a lot in the last few years.

Their equipment is cheap because it's cheap. If you look at the low-pressure systems, you can tell that it's made to be put together quickly with little thought put into real-world use, for example the Hydrominder tanks have no lids to keep dust and bugs out.

soapy

Reaction score
I have been buying 99 % of my parts and chemicals from Kleenrite for 25 years. They have always been great to work with and always addressed the very few problems I ever had. I get most of the major equipment from the major car wash mfg. They are usually the best priced parts supplier and you really should check their pricing on chemicals and compare, if you get the right stuff you will save big money.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Kleen-rite is a good company, good people. Their strategy is to be price leader, which partly means "no" support, diagnosing, advice, etc. Most of us buy a lot of stuff from them because we know what we want, we want the best price. We dont care about a social network of reviews, we want the part. I agree, excellent question to be concerned about the lack of reviews. But in this case dont worry about it. If you want to do your own work and have questions come here to the forum.

mac

Reaction score
As the others have mentioned, they shoot for the lowest prices. That's good if you know Excatly what you need. As noted there is no tech support. And if you buy say a vacuum or something similar, and have a warranty issue, you have to deal with their supplier. I have never understood how to make a lot of money by being the cheapest, but that's just me.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve been buying from Kleen-Rite over 30 years. We buy all of our parts and vending from Kleen-Rite. Once a year we load up on vending supplies, soap, wax, repair parts and everything else we think we’ll need for the year. Normally this is during the ICA Convention when they have the free shipping, vending and soap specials. We’ve bought some of their coin boxes and pumping equipment it’s OK, never had any problems with it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Been doing business with Kleen Rite for 16 years. We had a Customer Review page here doesn't work anymore, is there any plans to revamp this site with some new looks or ideas?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
is there any plans to revamp this site with some new looks or ideas?
Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

Regarding the review section on the old forum. I always had a heck of a time finding it, or maybe it was hard to find where to leave one, but regardless, I don't remember it being user friendly.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I'm a new wash owner ( 1.5 years ) and have ordered quite a bit from them. Also ordered a few things in error, and my experience with them has been 100% satisfactory.

sparkey

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone.
I was mainly talking about wands,booms,solenoids,tips,etc.
Its all the same stuff no matter where you buy it. Same manufactures unless your talking equipment they build specifically. Always had good luck with kleen-rite. Sometimes you will have a hard time returning defective parts, they don't like to give you credit until they get credit from the manufacture which can take awhile.

L

loewem

In doing my research of course I have stumbled upon Kleen Rite and as I look at their site they have a place for reviews or ratings or whatever you want to call it 1-5 stars and none of their products have any. This looks very suspicious or negligent to me. I try not to do business with those kind of companies.
They launched a new website within the past year. If I remember correctly the ability to rate products is a new feature. I agree with the comments others have made about KR being a good company. For the types of products you mentioned KR is most likely the place to go. Try and do what Randy suggested and order when they have free shipping. There are a few things that I don't like about KR. The website isn't very good for a company that does the volume that they do. Not a lot of details for certain products, so like others have said it is good to know what you want. The website doesn't tell you if a product is in stock and Recently they seem to have more things on back order. I think some of the back order equates to they don't keep certain things in stock and order it when the customer orders it. When they ship it to you they charge you shipping for the back ordered items unless you tell them to hold the item(s) to shio with your next order. I recently complained about the shipping cost for a back ordered item and they refunded the charges for me without question. I have only been at this for a few years and this forum has been great for and to me. A lot of knowledgeable and helpful members, so definitely do what one member said and ask questions when in doubt.

MEP001

Reaction score
Its all the same stuff no matter where you buy it.
Some of it isn't, for example the vac claws are not made by Mr. Nozzle, they are cheaper lightweight clones.

Eric H

Reaction score
Some of it isn't, for example the vac claws are not made by Mr. Nozzle, they are cheaper lightweight clones.
Mine come in a Mr Nozzle box and are stamped "Made in the USA". Kleen-rite may have used another source in the past. I am buying a case quantity of 50 for $1 each, individually priced at $1.50.