What's new

KLEEN RITE SLOW SERVICE

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hate to complain, but Kleen Rite is really disappointing me regarding my recent order.

2 weeks old. 6 phone calls. "order is pulled and packed". Great, cancel all backorders and please ship.

Waiting for chemicals and parts I need at my wash. This is disappointing!

Overachiever

Reaction score
I've been having more problems with TForce (fomerly UPS freight).

They can't seem to follow directions... UPS had been calling me like 30 minutes before delivery for years now so I can be there when it's getting delivered, TForce keeps ignoring that special request, that both kleen-rite adds to the shipping and that I ask for when I schedule my appointment. Then they claim I need to pay them money to try and redeliver it.

Also they seem to have a shortage of trucks with lift gates. I have a pallet just sitting in the warehouse now waiting on a truck to be in the area with a lift gate, who knows when I'll get it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm seeing various shipping/backorder related problems here too with lots of stuff from various vendors, but no real issue with KR. Someone told me IDX can't get chips to make coin mechs. Anyone know if that is true?

David Rolf

Reaction score
I'm seeing various shipping/backorder related problems here too with lots of stuff from various vendors, but no real issue with KR. Someone told me IDX can't get chips to make coin mechs. Anyone know if that is true?
Yes, I believe this is true on the IDX mechs. I've had one on order since January. Called them (KR) Friday and they said the new date is Aug 25th now. Been thinking of changing to another unit. I don't need one right now but it was part of my spare parts to have on hand.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I will say it and will say it again "Y'all fellas need to get on board with Carwash Superstore pay the $100 a year membership free shipping and those people are always the same call them up and talk to them. Mike is awsome jennifer, Erica all of them are great crushes kleen rite in customer service. They are way more on point I beleive especially if you live on the east coast. Just saying

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I'm ready to try some one else myself. My spring order was advertised as freight free, like it has been for years. When the bill came it had $192 in freight charges.
My first two calls were not returned at all for a week. My third message had some choice words that got them to call me back and correct the problem. Now the backorders are showing up with freight charges.
I've been a pretty loyal customer for quite a few years but I don't think they are the same company they were.

Eric H

Reaction score
I did a quick search of their website and everything I checked was a little cheaper than Kleenrite. How are they on shipping costs? Do you know how much shipping will actually cost when you place an order or do the do like Kleenrite, give you a price then charge what ever the hell they want?
To be honest, I order almost all of my vending supplies from KR and typically get free shipping. If I can't get free shipping I try somewhere else. I mostly use KR out of habit. I have 2 calls into customer service for returns and I haven't heard back on wither one, this goes back weeks and months. The days of calling KR and speaking with one of the girls (usually Jody) and getting your issue resolved are GONE.

I order soaps from Autowash and my supplies come free delivery on their own truck. When they do ship to me the cost haven't seemed out of line in any way. They are big enough to have everything I need and small enough to be responsive to the small details.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never been dinged extra shipping charges from Kleen-Rite, although one time the shipping company showed up without calling first and no one was there to receive it, so they wanted $120 to re-deliver. I went to them and picked it up myself without extra charges. The fault was on Kleen-Rite for not passing on instructions to schedule for delivery. My backorders always come free shipping, but sometimes they take weeks or months because they wait until they have everything.

My biggest issue with them is getting the orders wrong. Three times I've ordered Fragramatics product and gotten their brand stuff instead (and of course billed for the more expensive one). They're terrible at packing stuff - I ordered four 50' high pressure hoses, which they packed in one box along with 12 guns (loose) and a dozen boxes of Little Trees. UPS dumped it in my driveway upside-down because it weighed 82 pounds, so all the boxes were crushed and split, plus they ate a really expensive shipping bill (It quadruples when you ship a box that big and heavy). For their own good, I try to order enough so it has to go on a pallet, which is also a lot easier for me to receive since I have a commercial address to receive it.

FWIW they only have a few permanent and full-time employees at each place, the rest are hired from a temp agency. It supposedly saves them money.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW it seems freight companies are overloaded or short staffed as well. My gasoline freight company usually can deliver within 12 hours of an order. Just took the 60 hours and I was out of gas for 2 days. I order from KR for 4 Tunnels and 8 Bays. Perhaps 16 Pallets a year, topped off with Vending and equipment. I have perhaps one error per year and they have taken care of it promptly. Now, they may be experiencing same staffing issues as everyone else. They have been a little slower than in the past. A week to confirm an order versus a couple of days.

washnvac

Reaction score
Been using KR for 27 years. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have had an issue. And those issues have always been resolved in a quick manor. I order a pallet of soap about every other week with all my vending crap on top---with free shipping including a lift gate. Now with the rewards, I save even more on my orders as I just use the Kleen Kash to deduct $100 when I am up to that many points.

They are tops in my book. Obviously this has not been everyone's experience, and you must choose what is best for you.

Jim64

Reaction score
I’ve been using Kleen Rite since 2003 and never had any issues that could not be resolved with one phone call. I take advantage of the free shipping specials and use points for other shipping costs. I wish everyone I dealt with was as easy. Maybe I have been lucky, but so far they are my go to supplier. Keep up the good work KR.

Randy

Reaction score
My problem is not with Kleen-rite, I’ve always have had excellent service from them. My problem is with T Force trucking, formally UPS Freight. T Force bought UPS Freight for $800 million in January and it’s gone downhill from there. They’ve lost my last shipment from Kleen-rite, a pallet of soap topped off with vending supplies and general parts etc. T Force customer service is absolutely terrible. It’s been almost 2 weeks now and they still haven’t found it.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
My problem is not with Kleen-rite, I’ve always have had excellent service from them. My problem is with T Force trucking, formally UPS Freight. T Force bought UPS Freight for $800 million in January and it’s gone downhill from there. They’ve lost my last shipment from Kleen-rite, a pallet of soap topped off with vending supplies and general parts etc. T Force customer service is absolutely terrible. It’s been almost 2 weeks now and they still haven’t found it.
Kleen rite should reimburse you for that whole order I would think and they should be the ones tracking it and doing the leg work not you as the Paying Customer

MEP001

Reaction score
Kleen rite should reimburse you for that whole order I would think and they should be the ones tracking it and doing the leg work not you as the Paying Customer
That's how it used to work, the order is insured by the shipper and if it's confirmed lost they get paid for its full retail value and either refund the customer or replace the items in a new shipment.

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
I will say it and will say it again "Y'all fellas need to get on board with Carwash Superstore pay the $100 a year membership free shipping and those people are always the same call them up and talk to them. Mike is awsome jennifer, Erica all of them are great crushes kleen rite in customer service. They are way more on point I beleive especially if you live on the east coast. Just saying
If you are talking about Jennifer Bender, sadly she passed away.

Ron

Randy

Reaction score
UPDATE: My pallet of supplies arrived. “T” Force trucking lost my pallet in their system along with 8 other pallets of supplies from Kleen-Rite. I have to give Kleen-Rite a big KUDO, they offered to send me anything that I was out of or that I was going to be out of until they got this sorted out, I thought that was really nice of them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Same here . Items ordered 6/26 were in Chicago with T Force 7/3, not delivered until 7/14. Stuff missing, called KR, They answered and handled right away. and they are sending no charge.