What's new

Kleen-Rite Chemicals

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Kleen Rite chemicals-

does anybody else use Kleen Rite chemicals? We use ChemQuest for our in bay and Kleen Rite for our self serve. Any positive or negative results from KR chemicals? We have never had a problem with them for self serve, but I heard somewhere their automatic chemicals are not the greatest.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
We use Kleen Track 2A and 2B for our touch-frees. We are happy with them.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
kleen rite doesn't manufcture chemicals to my knowledge. their own brand is made by a chemical mfg company.

I have used their inbay presoak; good results. I have used simoniz iba chems from kleen rite. also good.
Do you know who manufactures them? I kinda figured KR didn’t make them. TransMate makes CWS Chemicals.

washnshine

Reaction score
Do you know who manufactures them? I kinda figured KR didn’t make them. TransMate makes CWS Chemicals.
Usually Simoniz or JBS. If you look on the sds sheet for a specific chemical, it may have the manufacturer name at the top for contact info.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Usually Simoniz or JBS. If you look on the sds sheet for a specific chemical, it may have the manufacturer name at the top for contact info.
We've been looking into JBS. We likely will try them in the future but currently, we are looking at NCS chemicals. They have a 65% off special for a bunch of discontinued chemicals. Free shipping too. Whats sad is KleenRite shipping for chemicals often costs more than the chemical itself.

Wash4Life

Reaction score
We've been looking into JBS. We likely will try them in the future but currently, we are looking at NCS chemicals. They have a 65% off special for a bunch of discontinued chemicals. Free shipping too. Whats sad is KleenRite shipping for chemicals often costs more than the chemical itself.
I'm not sure if this is feasible for you due to space considerations. Kleen Rite does offer free shipping if you get four 55-gallon barrels, 5 30-gallon barrels or 36 5-gallon buckets/containers. Then you can put any vending on top for free. I'm not sure if that applies to parts or not.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is feasible for you due to space considerations. Kleen Rite does offer free shipping if you get four 55-gallon barrels, 5 30-gallon barrels or 36 5-gallon buckets/containers. Then you can put any vending on top for free. I'm not sure if that applies to parts or not.
We’ve used kleen rite. We would msot likely find another JBS distributor, because KR sucks. The fact that shipping costs more than equipment, and they don’t offer a sort of membership for free shipping is why we moved to Car Wash Superstore for most parts. I’ve heard nothing but good about JBS, which is a prime example why we might move to them in the future. We bought a pallet of soap back in march. Still got 3 orange crème barrels and 4 bubble up barrels left. NCS has deals for discontinued products and we will likely be buying a bunch from that.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve used kleen rite. We would msot likely find another JBS distributor, because KR sucks. The fact that shipping costs more than equipment, and they don’t offer a sort of membership for free shipping is why we moved to Car Wash Superstore for most parts. I’ve heard nothing but good about JBS, which is a prime example why we might move to them in the future. We bought a pallet of soap back in march. Still got 3 orange crème barrels and 4 bubble up barrels left. NCS has deals for discontinued products and we will likely be buying a bunch from that.
How can you say “KR sucks” I don’t think you know how the game is played. We gave up on Kleen-Rite chemicals years ago, they were at that time made by Simoniz. We’ve switched over to correct presoak and JBS Fonic wash. The key to ordering from Kleen-Rite is to order during the FREE shipping offer from the Kleen scene magazine that comes out every quarter or during the ICA convention. We take advantage of the conventions vending deals and the buy 3 get 1 free soap specials. We buy almost all of our car wash supplies, parts etc. at that time to save on shipping, shipping has gotten cray expensive in the last year or so.

Blanco

Reaction score
Are you talking about CWS in Houston?
No. Ohio. I only buy from CWS now for past few years. I think its $99 or $199 per year and free shipping on every order. I bought from KR for YEARS and they screwed me on a $6k Rowe changer that never worked after all the money I spent with them. After a year of buying from CWS they came out and visited the sites as a thank you. All good guys/gals over there.

OurTown

Reaction score
I think its $99 or $199 per year and free shipping on every order.

The Elite Club Membership was $99/year and included shipping of most in stock items. Now it is $199/year and also includes LTL shipments and chemicals.

OurTown

Reaction score

I think JBS manufactures some of the ones for KR and National Automotive Chemical makes the ones for Car Wash Super Store. It may not matter all that much who makes them because they are probably made to the distributor's specs and hit a certain price point.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it's not true that Kleen Rite sucks. They do not suck. They carry such a huge variety of products and you can always get free shipping if you know what you're doing. If you need something in a hurry that you can't get from your local distributor then yes you may be forced to pay shipping but that's just the way the business goes.

They have always stood by me when I have some thing like a missing item or a damaged pallet, no questions asked.

One time a friend of mine who used to be on this forum said that Kleen Rite was like the Walmart for carwash owners and I believe that to be true. Some things I get from my distributor Autowash Maintenance but a lot of things I get from Kleen Rite still.

Plus Kleen Rite throws one heck of a party in Pennsylvania every year for the customers. They have lots of great food Great people and fun things like giveaways.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Kleen-rite has been great to us always. If you are able to order the volume you will always get free shipping, and the turn around time is great. If we ever need a smaller order we just use our points and get free shipping that way as well. They have an awesome soap guy also that is very knowledgeable.