What's new

Kleen-rite and J E Adams can go screw them self.

lilb93

Reaction score
Well I ordered a Vacuum and Air unit from Kleen-rite, had to be dropped shipped. It arrived and went to test it vacuum works perfect, Air unit will take Quarters and register nothing. The Micro switch is bad. Called J E Adams and they said they did not sell it call Kleen-Rite. I explained it was a 5.00 switch that was bad just send a new one and I will return the defective at MY COST.
He said NO. Called Kleen-rite they said return it to them and they will send it to the factory and see if it is faulty. They said it would take 4 week to get an answer. What is wrong with these company's. The after sales sucks.
Had a problem with a Tree vendor called Laurel and they were more than helpful, there was a spring missing in the coin accept-or and they shipped one out the same day. A real pleasure to do business a good company.

It's not the 5.00 that has my fur ruffled. It the arrogance of the two company's who don't care about customer service.
Will NEVER buy another thing from J E Adams.:mad::mad::mad:

soonermajic

Reaction score
If more folks would take your stance, those companies wouldn't operate that way.

sparkey

Reaction score
This is typical of Kleen-rite. I received a defective solenoid valve and they would not issue a refund until they sent it to the factory to see if it was bad. Hello, if it doesn't stop the flow of water the thing is bad. This went on for months, finally after I posted my situation on this forum they decided to issue me a refund.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's why Kleen-Rite can operate with their prices, they won't take a loss from a defective part. It's just something you have to take when using them.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I can’t believe you haven’t figured out yet that the car wash business is one those “Buyer Beware by Gosh by Golly “ type businesses. Kleen-Rite just sells the stuff, they don’t know much about how anything works, and we’d never ask them for any direction. J.E Adams you’re not the only one to have problems with them, we’ve had our share.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Discounters aren’t known for customer service excellence because they can’t afford it.

Allegiant is low-cost airline with $212 stock price. Allegiant has low prices but it’s almost impossible to speak with human being on phone.

Plus look at the mess it’s in now with labor, operational and safety issues. You can squeeze blood out of a rock.

Adams runs with the pack – there is just less demand today for self-service products.

If it takes days to respond to e-mails and phone calls or getting jerked around for weeks over dime-a-dozen parts, those are usually signs of a company feeling the strain.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I run my business with a refund first policy. I feel it helps reduce/eliminate the frustration up front. Then I work out the problem with my customer. Many times the refund is refused and they just want the problem resolved. When I deal with vendors who behave this way, I give them my return business. Things will break, I get it, it's all about the customer service you receive when trying to get the issue resolved.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I like Kleen-rite, but I agree about their return policy, it is horrible. I could understand if it applied to used items, but I've returned brand new items that were obviously defective and it is months before they will give you your money back.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you're sure you know the bad part and it is cheap enough, just buy a new one and be done with it. in the amount of down time you've had you could've vended $15 worth of air!!!!

just get a new one! you gotta pick your battles and flush your principles when it's about making $.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep. Pick your battles. Order the $5.00 part and get the unit working. One all is worked out, worst case it cost you $5.00 and you are making money, best case you've got a spare on the shelf and you are still making money.

lilb93

Reaction score
I did have spares here, Also ordered 2 super Vacs with Dixmore timers and MEI bill acceptors that came last week. Tested them both and there working. Will install them this week.

But as usual a screw up, ordered them with Quarters and tokens acceptors. The acceptors will take quarters and tokens. The front plate will only take
Quarters, Had to use dremel tool to make it take tokens. Did not even call them about that. :mad:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
looks like the top bar is also covering something?

slash007

Reaction score
If you paid with a credit card, I would threaten to dispute it unless they make it right 100%. With a cc you are protected. I am sure you spent a good amount of $, it's only fair you get what you paid for.

lilb93

Reaction score
The top bar covers the last minute warning flashing light. If they were a wee bit smarter they would have put it below the security bar. Again left hand not knowing what the right one is doing....

mac

Reaction score
I can't help but chuckle while reading this. Everyone says that you don't get squat for service from Kleen rite, but you all keep using them. Almost sounds like a heroine rehab group.

lilb93

Reaction score
We use them because there close to us. Within an hr drive.
Now we are looking for new coin meters. Called and e-mailed Hydro-spray(Since they are in Pa) never received a reply either way.
I believe that everyone is that busy they have no time for customer service. NOT..

mac

Reaction score
Customer service has taken a hit recently. Some, like kleen rite never had any, but others have also declined. The two big US manufactures, ryko and pdq, have really gone downhill, at least here in Florida. Before they were just pricy and not too prompt. Now you can add poor quality to the list. The complaints about phone calls not being returned are spot on. One of the reasons that my company has been successful is that we have a live and nice human who answers the phone, we return calls, and are prompt in responding to service calls. Those qualities used to be commonplace. Just sad, unless of course they are your competitors.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I am sure that when you are dealing with ANYONE in this business long enough you will have a bad experience with a vendor, etc. I personally have been dealing with KR for about 30 years and could count my bad experiences on one hand. I think that is pretty good and I normally don't give out too many "atta boys". I also have now and then received some service advice from them and it is pretty good. I really can't think of too many BAD vendors in my time except for when a manufacturer prioritizes their parts and then charge an outrageous amount for them to us. I have far GREATER complaints with utility companies and government agencies than I do vendors/distributors.