What's new

Kicking out customers

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
We had a storm come thru and wiped out(reset our timers), as the storm was rolling thru I was watching our cameras from a remote location. Once it ended I had a guy pull in to one of my self serve bays with a trailer full of stuff, put his money in and point the wand at the trailer to clean it but nothing happened of course (as the timers were out). So he hit the timer box a few times went over to the equip room tried that then called the # that is forwarded. I didn't answer. I was already on my way to the wash to fix the problem as the VM came in, your #@$%@ wash stole my money. Got to the wash and he (after veiwing the cameras just swept out the stuff in my bay) wanted his refund in full and more. Normally I give a full refund and a free wash but man. How often do you just tell someone GET OUT?

MEP001

Reaction score
Just like that: "Get the hell out of here and don't ever come back." I'm sure this thread will start another argument about letting someone do whatever they want for a minimum start-up, but I don't want that type of business. I've proven to myself that we're better off without it. Just the other day I stopped someone washing mud out of his bed (There is a "NO truck bed washing" right on the meter box), and when I told him simply that we don't allow it, he said "I'm almost finished" and kept on going. I told him "No, you're finished" and turned off the bay and gave him a refund. I'll coddle the people who need help with what order to use the functions, but not someone who plans to leave the bay unusable for the start-up price.

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
hey mep001
How many bay signs do I need? Said to my wife the other day I can't stand the people that come to the wash throw out their trash and don't even buy from the vendor or use the vacs and she said "thats what I always did."

MEP001

Reaction score
I only have a list right on the meterbox where they can't miss it, no signs except for "No Trucks" on the columns at the entrance to the bays. They do it anyway and claim they didn't see it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I pulled up at the wash tonight and caught someone washing out his bed and claimed he didn't know we didn't allow it. He refused to pay for a $45 replacement hog's hair foam brush head he ruined when he used it as a broom to sweep two and a half 5-gallon pails of gravel and sand out of his bed before he finished it off with the wand. I guarantee you he understands now that it's not allowed and that he's not welcome back. It took me well over an hour to clean up after him, and he spent $2.50.

I see I misread your first post - I thought it said "How do you just tell someone GET OUT," not "how often." In this case, my decision to tell him that was after I saw what he did to the brush. If common sense doesn't tell him that it wasn't a broom, what stupid thing will he do next? Don't want him, don't need him.

I see a lot more people lately just cleaning out their trash and not washing or vacuuming. I try to watch if they do it regularly, and I inform them politely that it's theft of service when I see repeat offenders, but if it's not a lot I don't fret it.