What's new

Keeping water/mist off camera lenses

bert79

Reaction score
We have two cameras in our auto bay. One camera at each end. I’m looking for suggestions on how to keep the water/mist from staying on the camera lenses. Is there a spray or some type of coating that works? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

APW

Reaction score
I've had the same problem. I put sandwich bags and rubber bands on the cameras and change them out once a week. They will get a film on them after a day or so but I have my clean up men wipe them off with their finger daily to keep the picture clear.

bert79

Reaction score
How do you apply it Steve? Just spray it on? Probably a dumb question but figured you have tried different ways? Thanks

washnvac

Reaction score
I use this: https://www.cu1.com/copah26housi.html

The one with the wiper. It is 24 volt. I hook it to the busy signal from the wash cycle, so it runs the whole time the wash is in use. You can not use an led bullet camera; it must be a box camera or non-led bullet.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
When we first put in cameras for each of our inside bays way back in 1982 the outdoor housings that were available had an option for windshield wipers. We actually still have them. We might be able to get them to work again ... not sure. Have you checked to see if anybody still sells such a thing? We must have used those wipers controlled from a back room controller for over 15 years. The also have defrost heaters in the outdoor housings.