What's new

keeping detail appointments

joedirt

Reaction score
What do you guys do to keep customers from canceling a detail appointment because of bad weather on that day, and what do you do to bring in business on bad weather days?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reschedule Instead

I have not tried to convince a customer to keep any appointment that they wish to cancel. What I do is get them, whenever possible, to reschedule.

If you do dealer work, call dealers when you get an opening due to rain/snow etc. and try to fill the spot.

If you still have down time, use it for repairs, clean up of the shop/office, ordering parts/equipment/supplies,etc.

Another idea is to perform marketing tasks on rainy days. I like to focus on new clients like professionals who need a clean car for their work and/or image or fleet accounts (contractors, livery services, police, etc.)

I don't mind letting dealers or fleet accounts know I am scratching for work (because it's a different business relationship), but I'd rather not portray that image to customers. I don't want to appear too desperate to detail a car and you shouldn't either.:rolleyes: