What's new

K9000

MattVerfurth

Reaction score
Who all has or knows someone who has the K9000 in their dogwash. We have had our Kleen rite tubs
since 2003 and they are in need of a upgrade. We have seen online the k9000 and it seems to be the go to tub system.
What is all of your opinions on it. What is the cost of the tub and is it worth it? Is it compatible with Unitec and World Pay?
How dose you customers like it. We are constantly having issues with our South Kleen rite tub. It is always having issues with dispensing soaps.
We've changed out all the solenoids, coils, and so on and it seems to work for a while then stops dispensing again. Would upgrading to the K9000
be worth it and uphold to the constant usage of our Dog Wash Customers.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your problem is most likely the injector. When it's working properly, it works fine. I don't see the point of replacing thousands of dollars of equipment over a $30 part.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
MattVerfurth,

Based on our experience with Nat'l Pride's & KR's dog wash injector set up ... when you start having shampoo dispensing problems ... replace all of the low cost vinyl tubing because for perfect sealing you need the tubing to be extra supple. On some shampoos during hot weather you have to pay attention to slime forming if the business volume (enough usage) is not maintained.

I am pretty sure that the K9000 is not all "blue sky" maintenance wise ... especially in the long term ... I could be wrong. It does have the advantage of being more portable to be able to possibly sell to "high scale expensive dog owning condominium people ... my thoughts ... based on a 5 competing tubs similar to the "K9000 style "almost brand new local competition. Our two "pride & joy" separated rooms that we took a rain check on for awhile because of a shortage of man-power & the extended winter we have been experiencing hopefully will be opening this Friday unless I allow myself to get too sidetracked by silly stuff!

Last edited:

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I can't comment on issues with your existing dogwash - not my area of expertise.

However we do have a K9000 unit, installed by the previous owner. My guess would be that the unit is now about 8-10 years old.

Over the last 3 years whilst we have owned and operated the site, the K9000 has been very good. Steady revenue at about 50% of our average SS carwash bay. Apart from cleaning and topping up chemicals, the only maintenance has been purging bubbles of air from pump suction lines and replacing the hand nozzle 3-4 times per year (about $20 each time). From our humble experience, we would certainly be happy to recommend.

The design of the tub is also very good - even after a filthy dog, all the mess washes underneath the deck so that for the next customer it all appears clean and ready to go.

Also with a little patriotic pride, the K9000 was originally developed in Australia.

IMG_20190311_112041.jpg

MattVerfurth

Reaction score
Your problem is most likely the injector. When it's working properly, it works fine. I don't see the point of replacing thousands of dollars of equipment over a $30 part.
We dont have injectors. we actually suction out of buckets of pre mixed soaps and I checked the tips and everything. The block that the solenoids screw into was replaced twice in a month and the solenoids and coils were all changed too. This happens quit often. The block, solenoids, and coils are not cheap. They are expensive.

Last edited:
Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
That thingy in the top picture center with the brown block is a injector, that's probably most of your problem. I'd get rid of the brass manifold and build a manifold with individual soleinod valves, like a stainless steel Kip valve.

MEP001

Reaction score

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Greg T,

Your pics reveal a very do-able operation partially by having your operations outdoors (perfect climate?). Why ... some of us have to resort to designing our facility as a "breeze way" when doors are open &/or charcoal filters to GET RID OF THE EXTREME WET DOG SMELL. I am pretty sure that with the outdoor slight breezes that tends to be a non issue for you! Also there probably is at least a wee bit of a gain when your customers can use the Aussie higher denomination coins ....

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Greg T,

Your pics reveal a very do-able operation partially by having your operations outdoors (perfect climate?). Why ... some of us have to resort to designing our facility as a "breeze way" when doors are open &/or charcoal filters to GET RID OF THE EXTREME WET DOG SMELL. I am pretty sure that with the outdoor slight breezes that tends to be a non issue for you! Also there probably is at least a wee bit of a gain when your customers can use the Aussie higher denomination coins ....
With regards payments, the minimum dogwash is $10 Australian, so most payments are either credit card or notes. Only a small minority would be by our $1 and $2 coins.

With regards location of the dogwash, we are fortunate to have a climate where the dogwash can be outdoors and able to be used all year. I clean the dogwash once or twice a day, and never really notice any nasty smells. I would imagine that it could be located indoors with a suitable ventilation system and good wash down arrangement.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
With regards payments, the minimum dogwash is $10 Australian, so most payments are either credit card or notes. Only a small minority would be by our $1 and $2 coins.
Greg_T,

Makes sense. I can't help but think that dynamic would change if the waterproof coins of any country were as high as $5 it would open the door to some bigger ticket items such as express car wash & dog wash customers using a $5 coin &/or even higher coin.