What's new

just for today

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll be visiting a friend in jail later today. It's made me think a little.

Just for today, my problems are insignificant. They are not even real. I am thankful for the abundance I have and all that continues to flow my way.

Even my bills, my challenges, obstacles, personal 'issues', are reasons to be thankful. After all, bills are a sign of someone operating a business and growing it. A noisy, hectic home is a sign of love, joy and activity, of life and growth. Even 'bigger' issues, like the economy, are part of a life cycle that is natural and as it should be.

Even if only for today, I am content with life as it is, not how I wish it to be.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Today

The technology company that I built and eventually sold had never-ending stresses from competition, obsolescence, customer issues, employee problems, and on and on. It was a constant hi wire act just keeping all the right balls in the air at the right time. The buck very squarely stopped with me and it was very stressful.

After selling the company, I had virtually no risk any more and had a guaranteed annual salary and stock options worth hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. Guess what? After my agreed time period lapsed, I quit.

I found, in hindsight, that it was the struggle that made it challenging and fun. Once that was gone, even the big bucks rolling in wasn't enough to keep me there doing non-risky and non-interesting things.

Jail? I can't even contemplate that. Losing your freedom has to be close to the worst punishment possible.