What's new

Just a petty observation

Rodebaugh1

Reaction score
I'm sure that all of the car wash owners on here have their own way of arranging their equipment. One of them is the way we prefer to wrap our vacuum hoses. I find it odd that only 1 out of 100 can wrap the hose back the same way they found it (if they wrap it at all). Just an observation.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm sure that all of the car wash owners on here have their own way of arranging their equipment. One of them is the way we prefer to wrap our vacuum hoses. I find it odd that only 1 out of 100 can wrap the hose back the same way they found it (if they wrap it at all). Just an observation.
Ever see how high pressure wands, foam brushes and air shammy hoses are put back?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm happy if the customer doesn't leave the hose on the ground where the claw will get run over. I replace so many claw nozzles I buy them by the box of 50. It actually annoys me more if they wrap and wrap and wrap the hose tight around the coin box, then the next person leaves it in a knot.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ever see how high pressure wands, foam brushes and air shammy hoses are put back?
You mean like in the wrong holder? All the time. It's most funny when they hang the foam brush across the vertical holder that's seven feet up on the wall.

washnshine

Reaction score
You mean like in the wrong holder? All the time. It's most funny when they hang the foam brush across the vertical holder that's seven feet up on the wall.
Right. Or the wand actually wedged between the wall and holder instead of in the holder. They’re creative for sure.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've actually watched a customer pull the foam gun out of its holder and drop it on the floor to put the high pressure wand in it.

OurTown

Reaction score
The stupidity is mindboggling. They must be dependents because there's no way some of them could get through life without.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The business owner is always the one who cares the most. We rinse the bays down and pick up the litter. We wrap the hoses just so and keep the foam brush in the holder.

If it gets to me too much or customers push back too much I just think : "hey, I haven't had a price increase in awhile. hmmmmmmm......."

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I often wonder how people put their shoes on each morning.
When it's their own stuff, they treat it much different.

One time a customer I knew locked his keys in his car. I lent him my car ( well-worn but nice Volvo XC90) to go home and get his spare key. He came racing back in the lot a half hour later with my stereo cranked to 11, raving about how awesome the sound was.

I was reminded: "no good deed goes unpunished".

Andy Burn

Reaction score
I am sometimes confused if some of the customers are born stupid or they undergo some specialized training?