What's new

Jobe Topaz Float valve comments

mac

Reaction score
I've sold probably 20 to 30 of them. No major problems and less issues than othen types.

jprb

Reaction score
We had some that worked excellent, but also had some that stuck ON and flooded the equipment room. On the ones that stuck on, we'd turn the water off, and back on, and they would work fine. Don't know what the problem was. We have replace them with the Walters valves.

JPRB

lag

Reaction score
We have not had the greatest luck with them. 2 have come apart and flooded equipment rooms. both were on hot water side. one of them the body cracked,and started leaking. 2 others leaked at the seal where the parts come together. I may also add that we have 80 psi of incoming water pressure.

We have 6 others that have not caused an issue.

MEP001

Reaction score
Our Vector still has the original (six year old) 1" Watermaster. I've had no reason to try any other valve.

MikeV

Reaction score
I've been replacing the Watermaster's with Jobe's as the watermasters fail. No problems with the Jobe's for several years.

DavidM

Reaction score
Depending on how hot the incoming water is, Jobe does make a hot water valve. It is significantly more expensive than the standard valve.

We just installed our first Jobe valve to test out.

David

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Have two installed on cold water. they are close to three years old. I have had one or two incidents of them failing to close and flooding the equipment room. Forme, the jury is still out on them....

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What about Bob valves?
Looking to replace a Hudson that seems to not like some hot water I am using to decontaminate some boats for use in a reservoir!

thanks!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Waxman,

Never had much success with Bob Valves...a little crap gets in them and the equipment room floor gets flooded.

Big