What's new

Jim Coleman vacuum dirt door

Jay Alpha

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm having the "dirt bandit" problem with my vacuums. I have a Jim Coleman 9300 "Oval" Super Vac.

The cam lock latch isn't thick enough to stop a person from pulling the dirt door open.

I contracted Coleman, and the rep offered a "Security bracket" that I could install.

I will post the picture of the bracket the rep offered

My question is, has anybody installed this bracket or found a way to secure the dirt door?

Looking at the bracket, I don't see how it would secure the dirt door. Maybe somebody can see it and explain it.

Thank you

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
It looks pretty straight forward to me. The door with the cut out closes over the piece that's bolted to the vacuum housing and a lock is put into hole on that piece that's sticking out.
I had the same problem. We clean the vacuums every day. I called the police every time we find the doors open, filed a police report and got a case number everytime. I had a come'n to Jesus meeting with the chief and I told him that I'd be calling them every day until they did there job. I gave the police a "Trespass leter of consent" This gives the police the power to arrest anyone who is on the property who is not washing or vacuuming. So far so good, they've been leaving everything alone.

soonermajic

Reaction score
They cut our locks. Then we put much better locks. They pried off the dam doors! We haven't locked any doors since!! We shut them back early every morning, & sweep up the dirt. Takes 8 minutes, & is an annoyance.
But, maybe ITPODB...?