What's new

Jim Coleman Self Serve Issue

Etowah

toddmullens

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced an issue where the proper function turns on but absolutely nothing comes out of the gun, not even air on the low pressure functions. No dribble of water whatsoever, and then magically start working again (of course when I show up to fix). This has happened twice and any function that comes through the gun simply does not make it out of the wand. I have yet to experience it personally, but my assistants confirmed that the high pressure pump was running with the proper pressure on the gauge. They also verified that whatever low pressure function selected was actually turning on the proper pumps, just nothing coming out of the gun, then magically starts working by the time I arrive to fix it a couple hours later. I replaced the gun as that's the only thing I could think that could possibly affect every function using the gun. Any other ideas?

Carwashking

Reaction score
Most likely rotary switch. Because you have both air and liquid solenoid. If you only have liquid I would suspect solenoid is over pressured and can’t open.

DPD36

Reaction score
On occasion we will get a blocked nozzle. This usually happens in the winter and is typically a piece of rust from a fitting on a high pressure hose. Could it be that the nozzle is being blocked and clearing itself before you get to it? I don't think that we have had one clear itself, but it seems possible.

MEP001

Reaction score
Check the gauges on the low-pressure solenoid blocks. You could have a bad check valve letting high pressure back and preventing the solenoids from opening.

toddmullens

Reaction score
When this happens, nothing comes out of the gun no matter what function it is, regardless if it’s high pressure function or low pressure function. If it’s delivered via the gun, nothing happens. Pumps still turn on whatever function is selected but nothing makes it out of the gun. Foam brush and triple foam work but no gun functions. Not even a dribble of water comes out of the gun. It’s very strange. I am hoping the replacement of the gun solved the issue but I have never experienced an issue like this before. Very strange.

toddmullens

Reaction score
On occasion we will get a blocked nozzle. This usually happens in the winter and is typically a piece of rust from a fitting on a high pressure hose. Could it be that the nozzle is being blocked and clearing itself before you get to it? I don't think that we have had one clear itself, but it seems possible.
Much less clear itself twice 😂

toddmullens

Reaction score
Most likely rotary switch. Because you have both air and liquid solenoid. If you only have liquid I would suspect solenoid is over pressured and can’t open.
No rotary switch used on these. It’s push button keypad style. Pumps still turn on and show proper pressures regardless if it’s a low pressure function or high pressure function, just nothing makes it out of the gun.

MEP001

Reaction score
There should be no way for the high pressure pump to run and nothing gets to the gun. I would look for a check valve somewhere near the boom, or maybe a bad section of hose. It could also be a coincidental problem of several check valve failures at once. Next time this happens, take one of the top valve caps off the pump and see if there's air in the pump. If there is, there's a bad check valve above the boom, a problem with the pump letting air back through, and possibly a bad check valve under the tank for the water supply. Air can make its way through the high pressure line and through the pump, causing a loss of prime.

toddmullens

Reaction score
What's weird is that it is not limited to the high-pressure functions. Whenever it happened, any function that came out of the gun simply would not work. I replaced the gun and haven't had an issue since, but I didn't see anything obviously wrong with the gun when I took it apart, so I am not confident that was the issue. Time will tell, I guess.