What's new

Jim Coleman ro system ????

cap732000

Reaction score
I have a Jim coleman ro system I'm trying to install and have one electrical question I'm not sure about. If anyone has a omron Plc in one of these systems it would be much appreciated if you could take a picture And post it can figure it out from there I believe. It is a 62094 model

Last edited:

mac

Reaction score
As an alternative, you could just rip out the PLC and toss it. All you really need to make it work is the float switch, low pressure switch, solenoid and motor starter. I've done this to several systems.

cap732000

Reaction score
As an alternative, you could just rip out the PLC and toss it. All you really need to make it work is the float switch, low pressure switch, solenoid and motor starter. I've done this to several systems.
Hmmm, that would be the way i would like to go. Correct me if Im wrong all I need to do is wire the 24V from bay to the contactor to turn the delivery pump on and the float switch will just turn on the pump and solenoid to turn on the ro pump to holding tank, i just cant seem to process the low pressure switch ???? how does that need to be wired? I greatly appreciate the response never thought of that but is a great idea!

mac

Reaction score
The low pressure switch should be wired in series with the power to the solenoid and starter. That way if the water supply is off, it will stop the pump. One customer that I did this just could not believe that it would work. So i asked him if he had one of those small ro units that go under the kitchen sink at home. He said yes. So I asked him to point out the PLC and pump for that. That turned on a light bulb.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ideally you'd want an on/off delay relay between the pressure switch and the pump - sometimes the pump kicking on will pull a vacuum on the water line and shut itself off. It shouldn't be a problem if the feed is sufficient but it can cause a motor to burn up if the prefilter gets clogged.