What's new

Jim Coleman Meter Door Replacement

toddmullens

Reaction score
Are there any companies that can retrofit a new meter door to an existing Jim Coleman meter housing? I am wanting to add Hamilton credit card acceptance without having to replace the entire meter box or having to add the separate DTT box. I would like to have it all inside the original meter housing if at all possible. I probably will end up having to replace the entire meter housing, but I am trying to prevent that if possible. The current meter door and housing dimensions are 11-3/4” wide, 17-3/4” tall and 5-5/8” deep. Any recommendations?

Attachments

slash007

Reaction score
I had the same exact door and swapped them with a retrofit door from Ginsan. Talk to Doug Empie, he is a great guy and can hook you up. They can design it as you wish while keeping with the specs of the old door.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I would think you could put a cryptopay swiper on the left or right side of the side of the box next to the display window or coin slot. Did this with Vacuums but made a "Standoff from 2 1/4" pieces of lexan the size of the cryptopay swiper and pu those at the base and used longer screws to affix - That way customers could swipe and card would not hit the bottom lip.