What's new

Jim Coleman/B&C timer question

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I'm sure someone knows the answer to this because between all of the knowledge here, you guys seem to have the answer to pretty much everything. My question is; Can I replace a non swipe and clean timer with a swipe and clean timer? My busiest combo vac had the non swipe and clean timer die in it. I have a swipe and clean that I removed from a bay meter to replace with a Dixmor but it works fine. The smaller connector on the swipe and clean has more pins than the non swipe and clean. Can I make this work until I replace all my vacs with Dixmors? It is a Coleman fragrance combo vac.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Can't swear to it, but many years ago I think I had a swipe and clean timer and used it for a while on a cash only door with no issues.

slash007

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, I'm sure someone knows the answer to this because between all of the knowledge here, you guys seem to have the answer to pretty much everything. My question is; Can I replace a non swipe and clean timer with a swipe and clean timer? My busiest combo vac had the non swipe and clean timer die in it. I have a swipe and clean that I removed from a bay meter to replace with a Dixmor but it works fine. The smaller connector on the swipe and clean has more pins than the non swipe and clean. Can I make this work until I replace all my vacs with Dixmors? It is a Coleman fragrance combo vac.
You can and I have done it. Have one like that now. Only problem is that after the $ is put in, it will beep until they select either vacuum or shampoo. Works the same otherwise.

Reaction score
Do you know how I should connect the smaller harness? There are more pins for the smaller connector on the swipe n clean than the non swipe n clean. it looks like if I just keep it all the way to the right when viewing from the back of the timer that it would be in the same place as the non swipe n clean.

Reaction score
I actually am using the swipe n clean in my lone vacuum only unit and works fine but I would rather have my busiest combo vac back up versus my lowest usage vac. The vac only doesn't need the other smaller connector to work. i don't even know what the smaller harness is for. I guess I need to find a diagram and figure it out.

slash007

Reaction score
Do you know how I should connect the smaller harness? There are more pins for the smaller connector on the swipe n clean than the non swipe n clean. it looks like if I just keep it all the way to the right when viewing from the back of the timer that it would be in the same place as the non swipe n clean.
You just plug it in and ignore the last two pins. Those are used to communicate with the SNC everything else is the same.

Etowah