What's new

Jim Coleman 93005 Vacuum - LED6 & Slugbuster II - How to Wire?

trs246810

Reaction score

Has anyone switched to the Dixmor LED6 in a Jim Coleman vacuum? I'm not sure which wire goes where on the new harness that came with the LED6? I've got the blue, white, orange, green, brown, red, and black coming out of the Coleman...that originally went to the 1034R.

slash007

Reaction score
They are wired up the same, you can just plug the harness right into the LED6. I did 3 vacs lately. Plug and play other than using a dedicated wire for the bill acceptor.

trs246810

Reaction score
There is the smaller second plug in on the 1034R...I don't get how that would workout? I guess I need to actually unwrap the led6 and study it. I'm only familiar with the earlier Dixmor timers in my bays. I'll study it a little closer tomorrow.

Randy

Reaction score
Is this a Combo vac or just regular vac? If it's a Combo vac you need a LED-6S timer. The regular LED-6 timer won't work. The 1034R wiring in that case should work.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
No need to connect the smaller plug. It's for use with combo vacs or bay timers.

trs246810

Reaction score
Thanks...I was really wondering on that one. I'll just remove the smaller plug from the wiring, and neaten things up without it.

trs246810

Reaction score
I removed the smaller plug...but I ended up with some problems. The purple/Line 1 on the LED6 harness isn't in use? Also, there is blue wire coming from the wiring harness of the vac...and I'm not sure if it's needed, or where it goes? The vacuum starts and runs great. I'm able to program the LED6...no problems...BUT, I have no sound when a coin is deposited...and no sound for the first 10 seconds of last minute countdown. You can see in the last picture...I can't tell what the blue wire coming from the vac harness even goes to? I guess I can pull the tape off...and try to see. I thought I'd ask you all first.

slash007

Reaction score
Purple wire doesn't go to anything, I can check the schematic and let you know about the blue wire tomorrow.

trs246810

Reaction score
Thanks so much on that...I wonder why I'm not getting any sound to the buzzer? I know the buzzer was working...because the timer I replaced made a constant beep. I'm not getting anything with this one. I have the two wires coming from the buzzer on 3 and 4 of the LED6.

slash007

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have those wires crossed and going to the wrong wire. If polarity is wrong, it won't make a sound. I've had that issue before where I just switched the wires.

trs246810

Reaction score
I tried switching them both ways...didn't make a difference. I wonder if I could have messed the LED6 up, by having it wrong the first time? Everything else is working fine though...just no sound...and the lone blue wire. (now that I know the purple is fine)

slash007

Reaction score
Something quick that I found for now.. Also, have you checked to make sure the horn itself isn't the issue? Check the wires on it and swap it just to be sure.

1 Not Used
2 Quarter Input Orange w/ Black Stripe
3 Horn (- Horn (-) Green w/ Black Stripe
4 Horn (+) Red/Black
5 Safety Ground Green
6 24 V Timed Output to Switch Blue w/ Black Stripe
7 NO Connect Yellow Loop
8 Not Used Yellow Loop
9 24V VAC HI White (old pigtail = Green)
10 24V VAC LOW Black (old pigtail = Orange)
** Note: 24VAC is isolated from ground and site AC neutral

I don't see a blue wire going anywhere. I know on mine that there are at least 2-3 wires that are just capped off.

trs246810

Reaction score
I'm going to try that tomorrow. That list should help me see if I have something else going on. I'll also try a different buzzer, if that doesn't work. I really appreciate it, and I'll keep you posted.

trs246810

Reaction score
The blue wire was only used as a wrap at the top of the harness...wasn't connected to anything. I guess it's possible I messed up the ability for the LED6 to send a signal for sound somehow? I tried another buzzer...and nothing...reversed the speaker wires on that one as well. I'll stick another LED6 on in a few days...and see if it's just this one. If so?...I'll gather up some old ones to send for repair with this one.

slash007

Reaction score
Trying another timer is your best bet at this point just to make sure the issue is with the timer like you suspect. Another thing to check is to make sure that the wires going into the harness are making a good connection.

trs246810

Reaction score
I tried another LED6...and problem solved....sound worked perfectly. I have another question though. Will an LED6 work with a combo fragrance Coleman vac? I know I'll need the LED6S for a Shampoo Combo, but I wasn't sure on the fragrance? Maybe the LED6S is an easier replacement on the fragrance?

slash007

Reaction score
Awesome! Sucks that you had to replace the timer, but it's nice when you figure something out. You will need the LED6s for Fragrance as well.