What's new

Jetting clogged drain in your area

soonermajic

Reaction score
Just had to have my main drain jetted out. It was about 65' out, & cost me...

Wait for it

$285 & they were done in 15 minutes! WTH?!!😰😡😡

How much is that in your area? Im in small rural Okla town of 7k. Only 1 other plumber in my area does this.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
For $285 you can get a hose about 200' long and a drain cleaner tip.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Buy a ClogHog and connect it to a pressure washer. I haven't had my lines jetted since I bought one. Maybe 10 years now? A simple, inexpensive solution.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Buy a ClogHog and connect it to a pressure washer. I haven't had my lines jetted since I bought one. Maybe 10 years now? A simple, inexpensive solution.
Sequoia & others,

I am not sure ... but I think there are technicalities when & where "jetting" is not the best choice??? I know of several laundromat owners who have their own Auto-Feed drain cleaner with various cutting attachments for 75' of cable. Most say the equipment is more for preventative ... running it at the first sign of sluggishness??? Someone told me that Roto Rooter's Jetter is way more powerful than our hi pressure ability???

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I spent thousands last april when a lousy plumber incorrectly installed 2 new sewer pumps, so $285 sounds cheap.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
My backups are typically due to excessive mud. A cloghog has always cleared it.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Where'd you buy this ClogHog?
How much was it?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
This is what we use.

JCM,
I am thinking that specific nozzle with more GPM is also more effective. We have the ability to output from more than just 1 CAT 310 so we are starting to think that we should really use the maximum GPM sewer nozzle that matches our equipment & that will go into the entry part of the drain pipe easy enough. We never did have good luck with the rotating nozzles ... they seemed to always fall apart on us!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Why are you bringing up rotating nozzles?
The thread is related to jetting sewer drains ... I was specifically referring to the sewer nozzles that rotate that we had tried. We may have gone with some brands-models that were not durable enough.

JCM

Reaction score
I don’t doubt that more pressure would be more effective but I have always used this with a cat 310 from a ss bay and it has always gotten the job done. I have also found if I clean out my pits a little sooner the less this tool becomes necessary.

Etowah

water guy

Reaction score
Thats a nasty job and dieing trade . Thats a fair deal !!

MC3033

Reaction score
An actual jet rod setup like the plumber likely had is going to be much better then putting a line/tip on a power wash gun. You are getting higher pressure and higher gallon flow.

Your own setup is great for maintenance and light flow issues. Having a professional for a bad clog or ongoing issue is very helpful.

Roto rooter charged around $500/hr (including for a 15min job) so assuming their equipment was up to par, you got a good price.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sequoia & others,

Are you actually using that specific one you linked to??? I telephoned Cloghog & a guy called me back based on caller ID. The guy was extremely "psyched out" for having any of his cloghogs working in a self service car wash setting. I told him 3HP motor - Cat 310 pumps & he said he was not an engineer & said that both the 2-2.9gpm & the 3-4gpm were designed for only for specific "compatible" high pressure washers???

I kind of like their patented small entry ability "needle nozzle" over KR's etc. We can run two Cat 310s into our already set up manifold so to come up with the 3-4gpm is OK. at our facility.

Any thoughts???