What's new

JC boom belts???

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Are they V-belts? What about the link belts?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
IIRC correctly a company called motion industries carried them. I can't remember the mfg name and number.

thequickwash

Reaction score
The distributor in AUS says every 2 years. Theres been a couple that have hit cars here and its a big job to fix it coz when the boom hits the ground it bends the whole boom.

They are Metric timing belt AT10 open ended belt

AT10-25-OPEN 2x 2.5mtr lengths

Polyurethane with Stainless steel
or Polyurethane with kevlar

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed that weight sets are usually made in China? Who would have thought it would be cheaper to ship metal disks halfway around the world than to make them here? Even the cheap concrete-filled plastic weights are made in China - you can buy a whole set from WalMart for $20.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Go to Harbor Freight and look at that heavy crap they make there and ship here. I've been told that its the cost for the container not the actual weight.

In the 70s we shipped logs from the NW and Canada to Japan, and they sent plywood back, cheaper than they could make it here.

Reaction score
I used to know a Kelly Springfield plant mananger, he told us it was cheaper for them/goodyear to build tires in Brazil and ship them to the US, then a US plant could make them! Think that has anything to do with unions??