What's new

JBS Ceramic Clear Coat vs Simoniz Ceramic Sealant

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
Has anyone tried either of these ceramics in their inbay wash? Once winter season ends we are adding a ceramic and retooling our wash, with a $2 upcharge for ceramics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have used other simoniz and JBS products in the past but am new to the whole ceramic thing. Our big competitor in the area is Kwik Trip, so adding a ceramic would be offering something that they do not offer.

Tim.peele

Reaction score
tried both I thought Simoniz was better tried 4 brands more pop and shine on Turtle Wax ALTP-88 much more expensive but you can use a smaller tip

chaz

Reaction score
I have not gone with ceramics at this point. BUT….i do use all JBS products! Great company and great support! Our rep is Marco….very knowledgeable…..

washnshine

Reaction score
I use Simoniz Ceramic Sealant in my tunnel and it is outstanding. Great shine, water break and fresh smell. The car finishes are smooth and soils do come off much easier when it’s applied. Regular use results in a very durable and high shine. It also repels great on glass but does not smear or streak with windshield wipers in the rain. I also like that it is not a foaming product and is not dyed. The chemical is purple but it is clear when dispensed.

I never tried the JBS ceramic but did look at the SDS sheets and I think they use mineral seal oil. I’m not a big fan of MSO and was under the impression that the premium seal and shine products generally did not use it because what made them elite was the unique polymers used for sealing and shining surfaces. The JBS stuff might be very good - I’ve just never tried it. I have used JBS Samurai Shield in the past at it was awesome. JBS does make good chemicals.

Car Wash Man

Reaction score
I use Simoniz Ceramic Sealant in my tunnel and it is outstanding. Great shine, water break and fresh smell. The car finishes are smooth and soils do come off much easier when it’s applied. Regular use results in a very durable and high shine. It also repels great on glass but does not smear or streak with windshield wipers in the rain. I also like that it is not a foaming product and is not dyed. The chemical is purple but it is clear when dispensed.

I never tried the JBS ceramic but did look at the SDS sheets and I think they use mineral seal oil. I’m not a big fan of MSO and was under the impression that the premium seal and shine products generally did not use it because what made them elite was the unique polymers used for sealing and shining surfaces. The JBS stuff might be very good - I’ve just never tried it. I have used JBS Samurai Shield in the past at it was awesome. JBS does make good chemicals.

Thank you for all the info! Looks like I will be going with Simoniz.