What's new

Jay Leno Dealing with the public

soapy

Reaction score
On the Jay Leno show tonight he had a segment on dealing with the public and played a cell phone recording left on a answering machine by a customer. It is a pretty funny call by a old man who went on and on about a wash he didn't get. He was parked in front of the wash and would not leave until he got his wash or $8.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Saw that last night and the first thing I thought of was Red Baron. Sounds like one of his customers!;):D

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I actually had this happen to me. I was in Hawaii for the first time in along time. Had this guy call me it was about 5:30 Pacific time so it is a couple hours earlier in Hawaii. My phone is forwarded to my cell phone so I answer. The guy says he didn't get a wash. I explain to him that my attendant won't be there until 8 oclock. He says he wants his money now.finally I tell him that I could send him a refund if not to come back after 8. I hangup about a hour later he calls back wanting to now if I was coming to give him a refund I tell him no and office will be open at 8. I hangup. He calls again this time he ask me if I am coming to give refund. I said no he ask if this is a recording I say yes and that the office will be open at 8 oclock thank you have a good day. I hang up and don't get any other calls. I check with my guy in the morning and sure enough the guy was sitting there waiting for his refund.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I actually had this happen to me. I was in Hawaii for the first time in along time. Had this guy call me it was about 5:30 Pacific time so it is a couple hours earlier in Hawaii. My phone is forwarded to my cell phone so I answer. The guy says he didn't get a wash. I explain to him that my attendant won't be there until 8 oclock. He says he wants his money now.finally I tell him that I could send him a refund if not to come back after 8. I hangup about a hour later he calls back wanting to now if I was coming to give him a refund I tell him no and office will be open at 8. I hangup. He calls again this time he ask me if I am coming to give refund. I said no he ask if this is a recording I say yes and that the office will be open at 8 oclock thank you have a good day. I hang up and don't get any other calls. I check with my guy in the morning and sure enough the guy was sitting there waiting for his refund.
Classic!!!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Had this happen 3 times, all at the same tunnel. Customer refused to move until police came due to alleged damage. We were shut down for an hour or more. I was at one and he moved the car when the tow truck pulled up.

One said we broke his mirror. We did, but I looked at the video when I got there later. But only after he threw the car into reverse and backed 20 feet down the tunnel. (Video showed mirror was fine until then. ) Of course he claimed he did nothing wrong but never heard from him after that.

Another guy claimed we scratced his fancy rims because the guy skipped a couple rollers. He had low profile tires and they were low on air. It was hard to tell. I asked how is it the we scratched the driver side rims where the track was but the passenger side was scratched as well, and the driver side weree in better shape. He said the driver side were newer. Yeah right.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Guy calls to say my gantry attacked the bumper on his Cadillac. He pulled up too far while the bay was being used and, lo & behold, the gantry hit his bumper. Somehow he determined that this was my fault and wanted me to pay for the plastic trim piece on his bumper.

Usually about then I say something like: "Huh, I've ran about 100,000 cars through that bay and this has never happened before." That's usually enough to engage his Stupid Lever and have him go away in embarassment.

overpar101

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A buddy (a full time mechanic) and myself( electrical contractor) just purchased a local car wash, and it seems, from the previous owner that the machine looses its program on a regular basis. I have no paper work on the 4000 but I did find a 3v battery which indicates to me that everytime he looses power, the 3v is the only thing holding the program. My question is, since I have already talked with a distributor and was told I had a 2 month wait for reprogramming, is there any way to reprogram myself. Well , I know there is, but where can I get the paperwork needed to get machine running, since the closest service company is 100 miles away and chargeing the previous owner $800.00 a pop.

DavidM

Reaction score
overpar101 - call directly to tech support at PDQ Inc. They should be able to help you out. You can also access manuals for the Laser 4000 in the owners toolbox section of their website. www.pdqinc.com

If you have a printout of a configuration report from the machine it will make it easier to reprogram.

David

overpar101

Reaction score
P.S. I have no printouts of any kind, just purchased a room full of pumps and softner tanks lol. I guess it's back to old school, traceing wires.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Overpar, you would probably get more help if you posted your question within a subject (or started a new one) that remotely has something to do with your problem. Posting a Laser question within a subject about Jay Leno is not going to be very productive.

overpar101

Reaction score
First time user, not sure how I got in this Jay Leno topic, and not sure how to start new topic, but I am sure that this L4000 machine was designed without a memory card, and that was dumb. But thanks for letting me know that Jay leno's got nothing to do with my problems.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When you are in a category, where you see "Post a reply" here you will see "Start a thread". That is how you do it.