What's new

J E Adams vac break in cash box

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Collected Sunday morning from all cash boxes. Either Sunday night or Monday night someone or a few people popped the pin lock right off and took money in all 3 of my J E Adams vacs. The vacs coin box has a pin lock holding it in. Their is a pin welded to the vac and the box slides in past the pin. You push the lock up into the pin and the box is now locked. It appears that the welded pin was sheered off. The mech door was pryed on and pushed in on all vacs slightly. Don't know how it was done but by the looks of it their was little damage and the effort used to sheer the pins looks like it was fairly easy to do. They also took pry bar and hammer and tryed to pry off the lower security locking bar that attaches to the box of my 5 column Laurel tree dispencer and a single column box. They did not get in to the money on the dispencers. Just alot of damage done. No camera's and we use tokens and take quarters. Opened both dispencers and both together only had a total of $3.00 in them. It appears they worked hard with hammer and pry bar on both dispencers with the looks of beat marks. It's not comforting to know that the vacs were so easy to get in to.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Shearing off the pin is a trick. If there isn't any grinding marks on the top, where the pin was welded, then I'd guess that they screwed a screw into the keyway and used a puller/slammer to drive it down.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Shearing off the pin is a trick. If there isn't any grinding marks on the top, where the pin was welded, then I'd guess that they screwed a screw into the keyway and used a puller/slammer to drive it down.
There has to be some thing else they are doing to get in. The sheered pin was still in the plug lock. Took my key and opened and the pin just fell out. There was a few scrapes on the lock but the key way had no signs of damage at all. Called J E Adams and who ever I talked to said never heard of this type of break in. Gave me new part number for the pin and said find a welder. There is a trick on how they got in so easy. Just have not figured out yet. I also don't know if this was just kids or pro's. the damage to dispencers looks like kids but the vac looks like pro's. They worked and worked on dispencers to try and get in like kids. just so happens the kids are out of school and I find this time is the worst for vandels and break ins. Thanks for the reply.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Up date. Went this morning and it appears that the pins were not sheered but the weld spot was popped loose at the pin. That seems to be the weak spot on the design. Security bar a must. THANKS