What's new

IVS Fragrance combo vac, maintenance tip

mac

Reaction score
I have several customers whom I sold these to, and have had a lot of issues with those pumps. They are the ones with rubber tubes inside and rollers. I changed one over to the Fragramatics style that does not use any pump other than the air compressor. It was quite easy. Just changed out the hose and gun, and rerouted the supply hoses. No wiring changes were needed. My maintenance theory is that any time you can remove parts and have something work the same or better, do it. The next time you have pump issues, just throw it away.

MEP001

Reaction score
They've changed to a different pump which has fewer problems. They originally had a return line for each fragrance going back to the tank with a check valve on the wrong side, and whenever one selection was running it would blow air through the other two and empty the lines. Anytime a new fragrance was selected there was a half-minute long fill time. They've corrected that too.

Reaction score
They do have a new system for the fragrance and we have been doing a demo on 2 of them for the last year and have had no problems with the new system.

sprocket

Reaction score
Are the IVS vac's better than the fragramatics they look about the same.

Reaction score
I have both i am a distributor for IVS the one thing i like about IVS is you can change your price anytime with Fragramatics you need to get the smart card sent to you, guess its not that big of a deal. But all in all they are both very good vacs.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
sprocket said:
The Fragramatics are less complicated. IVS has some really innovative stuff in theirs, but I feel they didn't really think things through when they put it together. An example is the PLC that runs it - it's mounted right below the pump for the fragrance/shampoo. If a line comes loose it fries the unit, then nothing works.

The shell is the same.

Reaction score
The Fragramatics are less complicated. IVS has some really innovative stuff in theirs, but I feel they didn't really think things through when they put it together. An example is the PLC that runs it - it's mounted right below the pump for the fragrance/shampoo. If a line comes loose it fries the unit, then nothing works.

The shell is the same.
You are right and i said the same thing to them, and i think they are looking at doing something about that.

mac

Reaction score
My brain must be wired differently than most others. While IVS seems to have changed to a different pump with fewer issues, if you can deliver the product with no pump, as Fragramatics does, why bother with it?

MEP001

Reaction score
Pumping the fluid and spraying it with a lower volume of air doesn't mist it as much as pulling it through a venturi.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Pumping the fluid and spraying it with a lower volume of air doesn't mist it as much as pulling it through a venturi.
So, the real questions, aside from amintenance are:
1. Which is a "Better" system and why?
2. Which (if either) does the customer percieve to be a better system?

3. As an operator do you care more about # 1 or #2?

MEP001

Reaction score
1. The pump systems give a better spray, not sputtery and deliver more fragrance in the same time as the venturi type. Better for the customer, not necessarily better for the wash operator.

2. I don't think they care as long as they get plenty of time.

3. I'd care more about #2. I've watched people at washes trying to use the fragrance and throw the gun on the ground looking like they felt ripped off because they couldn't do the front and back in 40 seconds, or they wasted half their time before they realized they have to push the button on the gun. I watched and made sure at least half the customers were putting the gun back with the timer still running because I want them to feel like they got a good value.