What's new

It’s time to refurbish!

vguard296

Reaction score
Nice job, it looks great! Smart decision shutting down. We renovated our wash one-half at a time to avoid shutting down and it was a mistake.

Don B.

Reaction score
Nice job, it looks great! Smart decision shutting down. We renovated our wash one-half at a time to avoid shutting down and it was a mistake.
Thanks! Yeah, there’s no way I could’ve done that. I yanked all the plumbing out of the equipment room and re-plumbed it, so my water was shut off for a while. It would’ve been a nightmare trying to do it half-and-half!

Don B.

Reaction score
Well, looking at the pic of my foam brush unit, I just realized something that I forgot to do. See if you can catch it! “Hint” it’s going to be tricky to clean the soap strainer!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
No ball valve on the outlet. It'll be just like working on a Coleman Super Saver.

Don B.

Reaction score
No ball valve on the outlet. It'll be just like working on a Coleman Super Saver.
You’re right, no valve! Easy fix! As much as I did, I can’t believe that’s all I forgot!

Rookie68

Reaction score
Well, the remodel is finished. Never had time to update our progress, simply too busy and too tired at the end of the day! We closed it down and started gutting out the equipment room on April 29 . We opened back up 4 days ago on June 7. It took much longer than I anticipated. We advertised that we would be closed down for 3 weeks, it took 6. We worked very hard the past 6 weeks! It was exhausting! I didn’t think we were ever going to get it finished. I hated being closed that long. A lot of 12 to 14 hour days. New and/or rebuild, low and high pressure pumping units, new water softening system, rebuilt the spot free system, new water heaters. All new plumbing, hoses, tubing, control wiring to meter boxes and in equipment room, check valves, solenoid’s, motor starters, rotary switches in coin boxes, bill/coin acceptor’s , timers, foam brushes, spray guns, decals, mat holders, rebuilt vacuums, painting, etc..
I love the dixmor 2000-2 timers! They’re so large and easy to see, and the customers love them too!
The original equipment lasted 26 years. If this equipment rebuild last another 26 that’ll be fine with me, I won’t own it by then, anyway! I added some pics of our work!
Wow. So very clean. I am jealous Sir. Can I pay you to come do mine ? Is that a laurel box you have your cash acceptor and credit card reader on in the bay ? I have old school Ginsan Coin boxes. Its time for an upgrade/remodel. I wish to upgrade to a 10 position dial and add cryptopay.

Attachments

Don B.

Reaction score
Wow. So very clean. I am jealous Sir. Can I pay you to come do mine ? Is that a laurel box you have your cash acceptor and credit card reader on in the bay ? I have old school Ginsan Coin boxes. Its time for an upgrade/remodel. I wish to upgrade to a 10 position dial and add cryptopay.
Thanks, I’m kind of a neat freak! I can’t stand clutter! I tied all hoses, wiring, etc.neat and tight.
All of my control wiring was run in conduit straps and zip tied tight. The boxes came from Etowah Valley. I don’t know if they make the boxes themselves or have them made. Don’t know if I want to do it again, lol!

johnnygt

Reaction score
This is awesome! Great job! Would you mind sharing how much you investment in the remodel? I've been looking at used car washes locally and I'm trying to figure out how much they're going to need to get back up and running.

Don B.

Reaction score
This is awesome! Great job! Would you mind sharing how much you investment in the remodel? I've been looking at used car washes locally and I'm trying to figure out how much they're going to need to get back up and running.
To be honest with you, I’ve never put a pencil to it yet. I was fortunate enough that I didn’t have to take out a loan to do it. But I also did all the work myself. If you hire it done, you’re going to have to figure that into it also. You probably just need to start talking to car wash suppliers, and get prices.

KFPanda

Reaction score
Well, looking at the pic of my foam brush unit, I just realized something that I forgot to do. See if you can catch it! “Hint” it’s going to be tricky to clean the soap strainer!
Did you fabricate that foam brush unit? I want to build something like that to add a foam gun at some point.