What's new

It's the wash's fault.

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
SS Customer with tall van claims wash should pay for scratches to the van because while he used the FB the boom was hitting his van.

Tunnel customer drives into wall 40 feet from the end of the conveyor. Lawyer sends letter asking for payment for damages to vehicle. (He did not pursue it after I invited him to the wash to view situation and explain how we were liable. )

Overachiever

Reaction score
Customer backed into automatic paystation, somehow filed a claim against my insurance. I never told her who I was insured with. Claim got denied, then 2 years later I get another notice of a claim against me for the same incident.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Customer used self serve bay, blew paint off her car.

Cust: You’re responsible!
Me: Why do you feel that way?
Cust: It’s your wash, you’re liable because you own it.
Me: I’m liable for you using my tool incorrectly?
Cust: Your pressure is too high.
Me: What should the pressure be set to?
Cust: I don’t know, but I’m a paralegal and I know your responsible.
Me: Oh, great! Since you’re a paralegal then you understand that I’m not culpable for the way you use the wash. If the equipment malfunctioned and caused an issue, then you might have a case.
‘Click’

TEEBOX

Reaction score
All on camera:

Customer halfway through conveyor turns steering wheel right, clearly you can see his hands on wheel turning, he jumps track, second rollar pushes SUV off conveyor completley. Driver gets hit from behind from another car on roller. Customer decides to drive through carwash. Damages my low brush rocker. Never once blowing horn for help. Drives out like nothing happened and leaves. Other driver leaves too!

We didn't know this happened untl a week later when customer returns and states we damaged his vehicle. I never knew who damaged my rocker brush so when I went back on day of question, Guess Who Did It? Yep! It wash him.

I told him to come in and review tape because since your blaming me for damages, I want compenstation for damages because of driver negligence. He said he was coming in. Still waiting since New Years Day!.

Carl

Reaction score
Customer says wheel rims scratched due to guide rails in touchfree automatic bay scratching them and wants me to pay for damages. Politely tell him that I take care of 100% of damages which are MY FAULT but that the guide rails are in a fixed position and then show him upon video review how DRIVER slowly but surely steered car into guide rail causing self-inflicted accidental damage to their own wheels. Customer backs off and admits they just wanted to "give it a try" to see if they could get something free but that they understand.