What's new

Istobal Washes? Who owns one? FLEX5??

JustClean

Reaction score
Hi Greg,
Have you considered a MarkVII? If not why? Are theirs stainless? Before they were bought out by Washtec they were stainless but not reliable.
Wonder how it is today...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've got a Mark VII Softwash XT. It will be two years old at the end of this month and has been nearly flawless. This is the most used bay at a high volume wash. It replaced a Wesumat, which was a total POS. I was apprehensive about getting another Mark VII because the Wesumat was so bad, but I couldn't be more pleased with the new one. It is almost completely stainless as well.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Greg,
Have you considered a MarkVII? If not why? Are theirs stainless? Before they were bought out by Washtec they were stainless but not reliable.
Wonder how it is today...

Nope, Never been a fan of Mark VII and the way they do things. There is one at a C store two doors down from one of my washes and the doors are closed on it a surprising amount of time. IB theorizes the unit probably just needs to be reset and the reset process is just too complicated for the average store attendant to do. If a flipping reset is that complicated that tells me that Mark VIIs hasn't changed too much. The wizard has a yellow reset button. The Istobals generally reset themselves.

However, as IB has said his unit has been very reliable.

WashSingh

Reaction score
Are Rykos Galvanized or Stainless? How long/How many washes have you guys gotten out of a Stainless machine?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Are Rykos Galvanized or Stainless? How long/How many washes have you guys gotten out of a Stainless machine?
My all stainless wizard 2.0 is over 13 years old and a replacement is not even under consideration at this time. It still does a great job.. If I want to update I could wrap the unit to give it a new color scheme and install some LED lights.

Roz

Reaction score
If you get sticker shock at the cost of a new Istobal we are considering a change to a Touch-Free machine for the IBA and might sell our 2015 Istobal M22 (3 brush). Last I checked car count was 32K.