What's new

Istobal vertical brush faulty

Waihekecarwash

Reaction score
I have an Istobal M Start .
The one vertical brush is acting up.
At beginning of wash the left one comes out and rolls over front of vehicle but right one doesn’t , and when spinning down side of car it hardly touches the side.
When finished it parks back where it should normally ??

mac

Reaction score
Sounds like the setting on the transducer need to be increased. That's the good news. Bad part is I can't remember what the setting should be and there are 4 settings on each one. Since I was an Istobal distributor in a former life, I still have a good working relationship with them. You can start by looking at the transducer. There are three of them. Starting on the left, that is for the top brush. Next are the left brush and then the right. Make sure the right setting match the left ones. Do you have a working relationship with a distributor? If not call the closest one and start one. For calls like these we would charge a small fee for phone support. Usually much cheaper than a service call.

Waihekecarwash

Reaction score
Sounds like the setting on the transducer need to be increased. That's the good news. Bad part is I can't remember what the setting should be and there are 4 settings on each one. Since I was an Istobal distributor in a former life, I still have a good working relationship with them. You can start by looking at the transducer. There are three of them. Starting on the left, that is for the top brush. Next are the left brush and then the right. Make sure the right setting match the left ones. Do you have a working relationship with a distributor? If not call the closest one and start one. For calls like these we would charge a small fee for phone support. Usually much cheaper than a service call.
Thanks for the input. A transducer being the eyes on the side or the proximity things

mac

Reaction score
No, the transducers are on the main panel about 2/3 up from the bottom, and are orange, and grouped together. The eyes on inside of gantry (there are two sets) are for positioning the car. Prox switch is for top brush in lowest position. Istobal has a weak spot by not offering good manuals.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
I have an Istobal M Start .
The one vertical brush is acting up.
At beginning of wash the left one comes out and rolls over front of vehicle but right one doesn’t , and when spinning down side of car it hardly touches the side.
When finished it parks back where it should normally ??
Sent you a private message