What's new

Istobal Mstart

Waihekecarwash

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clever idea in how to assist to make it easier for cars to centre up between the lines in an automatic rollover ???

washnshine

Reaction score
Does anyone have a clever idea in how to assist to make it easier for cars to centre up between the lines in an automatic rollover ???
I have seen a lot of operators put down reflective strips on the floor to give customers a boundary to stay within. Of course individual driving skills Will always be a factor.

This is really old-school, but a strip of Mylar or felt hanging down from the center of the machine in the shape of a triangle or arrow for the customer to use to center their hood / windshield - it worked in the 70’s and 80’s 😂

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Our Istobal Bay has yellow metal guides about 1.5" above the floor & 1.5" high for the length of the bay. Plus the entrance has 4' reflective road posts that flop down to help customers line up inside the guides. Even with that help we do have customers who stop on top of the guides and then wonder why the machine stops because of concern for hitting the car. When they blame the machine I check the video to confirm that they were the cause and usually give them a mulligan.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I installed plastic parking lot blocks to serve as guiderails in my flex five. It seems to work pretty well and the soft plastic rails would prevent any scratching.

mac

Reaction score
Get rid of the factory guide bare. I put down blue reflectors and have had very few issues.