What's new

Istobal M9/M12

toddmullens

Reaction score
I need help from any of you Istobal gurus out there. I have an older M9 I believe. It says M12 on the carriage decals but I have been told it’s actually a M9. I am having a vertical brush travel error and originally thought that the tracks that the vertical brush trolleys travelled on where bad because of deep grooves worn on each side of the tracks, so I replaced both tracks and all the wheels and shafts on the trolleys. Seemed okay for a few weeks but now it’s happening again. I have figured out why the error happens but I am not sure what is actually causing the scenario to begin with. When the error occurs, the side brushes come in and the top brush lowers. Instead of waiting until the top brush hits the front of the car and then having the vertical scrub the front and then return back home, the vertical brushes immediately return home as if it thinks it’s at the front of the car but they are nowhere near the front of the car. As the wash continues, the vertical brushes come back in, in the front of the car, not the side of the car like it normally should. This causes the vertical brush to get trapped on the front of the car and it throws an error. My question is, how does this machine determine the front of the vehicle? I thought I my chemical was too foamy, which it was at the time, and blocking one of the eyes in the gantry but it happened again today and the chemical is not foamy like it was. Any ideas?

mac

Reaction score
My guess is there is a sensor issue. I'm not that familiar with the older Istobal machines, but they are very similar to the newer ones. There are prox switches and photo eyes all over the machine. I would start with opening up EVERY junction box on the machine and closely inspect all terminals for any water or corrosion issues. Sometimes just removing a wire, restripping it, and putting it back on fixes it.