What's new

Issue with window cleaning

CarWash1212

Reaction score
Having issues at my car wash with the inside of front windows. Leaving some sort of haze/streaks that is very visible in the sun. I currently use waffle towels with Simoniz Visionclear glass cleaner. I keep all my window towels separate from those used on the inside of vehicles. I used Tide detergent to clean the towels as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having issues at my car wash with the inside of front windows. Leaving some sort of haze/streaks that is very visible in the sun. I currently use waffle towels with Simoniz Visionclear glass cleaner. I keep all my window towels separate from those used on the inside of vehicles. I used Tide detergent to clean the towels as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
we wash our window towels with no added detergent. i feel the window cleaner cleans the towels sufficiently and any more soap added may leave residue in the towel, which is a big cause of streaks.

we use these for window towels and have for decades: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-61...eoLe99dNVbS4RhBHZ1zlQLPBb4jZ4BaYaAsX6EALw_wcB

washnshine

Reaction score
Also - do a double rinse on window towels in your washer. It will make sure there is no cleaner or detergent left - whatever you use.

I usually don’t push products (I am not a salesman and I have no interest in any brand) but I do like to share when I find a product that IMO really stands out. For me, Invisible Glass by Stoner is a stand out glass cleaner. Again, I have no financial interest in this product or company and this is the only Stoner product I use, although they make many.

CarWash1212

Reaction score
Also - do a double rinse on window towels in your washer. It will make sure there is no cleaner or detergent left - whatever you use.

I usually don’t push products (I am not a salesman and I have no interest in any brand) but I do like to share when I find a product that IMO really stands out. For me, Invisible Glass by Stoner is a stand out glass cleaner. Again, I have no financial interest in this product or company and this is the only Stoner product I use, although they make many.
Thank you for your responses, Where do you purchase this glass cleaner in bulk?

washnshine

Reaction score
Thank you for your responses, Where do you purchase this glass cleaner in bulk?

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Not a pro but the only way I can get streak free windows consistently is using a multi towel method that uses one towel to clean, and a second towel to buff the glass. I wash microfibers with Tide free and gentle or all free and clear detergents.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes to the multi towel method.

Our detail shop uses 3 surgical towels; one saturated in glass cleaner. Second dries. third buffs.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
IMHO ... here is something that could be beneficial to prevent possible streaking:

I have heard some tunnel car washes have some a bit more "g force" dedicated spinner extractors. Why ... based on our 902-1092 g force extractors in our laundromat ... more soap residues are extracted vs any washing machine has the ability to do!

washnshine

Reaction score
IMHO ... here is something that could be beneficial to prevent possible streaking:

I have heard some tunnel car washes have some a bit more "g force" dedicated spinner extractors. Why ... based on our 902-1092 g force extractors in our laundromat ... more soap residues are extracted vs any washing machine has the ability to do!
Yes - getting either the detergent or used window cleaner out is critical- so if you don’t have an extractor - the second rinse I’m the washing machine is helpful.

traveler17

Reaction score
When we owned a full serve wash years back we would use rubbing alcohol cut 50/50 w a microfiber towel. I had better results with this than buying name brand.

oliver305

Banned
Reaction score
You can use Vinegar to clean windows. It contains acid that effectively dissolves accumulated dirt. Plus, it has a natural antibacterial ingredient that disinfects surfaces.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
You can use Vinegar to clean windows. It contains acid that effectively dissolves accumulated dirt. Plus, it has a natural antibacterial ingredient that disinfects surfaces.
Yes it does. Unfortunately it also has an odor that can be somewhat pungent to people and is not always well received in small, confined spaces, like the interior of an automobile.

patkelly1336

Reaction score
The towels that we provide our customers don't usually last long, or get stolen before they wear out. But I have found that a lot of customers use non-provided products on our towels that ruin them, such as Tire Wet, Bleche White, and other random products. We use a diluted with water all purpose tint-safe glass cleaner that works great. The only time it doesn't clean well is when the windows are caked with nicotine or Marijuana smoke, which causes extreme haze when you try to clean it. Our towels are bulk microfiber 12x12 and we wash them with Xtra detergent in an open top washer and throw them in the extractor/spinner to dry them.

washnshine

Reaction score
The towels that we provide our customers don't usually last long, or get stolen before they wear out. But I have found that a lot of customers use non-provided products on our towels that ruin them, such as Tire Wet, Bleche White, and other random products. We use a diluted with water all purpose tint-safe glass cleaner that works great. The only time it doesn't clean well is when the windows are caked with nicotine or Marijuana smoke, which causes extreme haze when you try to clean it. Our towels are bulk microfiber 12x12 and we wash them with Xtra detergent in an open top washer and throw them in the extractor/spinner to dry them.
It’s tough when you offer towels for customer use. Ideally, window towels would be dedicated as such and washed separately from other towels used. That’s impossible when having a towel station for self serve use. Even if you labeled and separated your window towels from the others, you will never get 100% compliance. It’s similar to our signs that instruct customers to only use the foam brush on the body of the car and not wheels and tires. Doesn’t always go that way for some.

OurTown

Reaction score
It’s similar to our signs that instruct customers to only use the foam brush on the body of the car and not wheels and tires.
Now that is a new one for me. Why don't you want them to use it on tires and wheels? Do you have a tire and wheel brush in bay?

washnshine

Reaction score
Now that is a new one for me. Why don't you want them to use it on tires and wheels? Do you have a tire and wheel brush in bay?
A lot of the foam brush signage says that. Mine does not, but I have seen it at a lot of locations. It also says to be sure to thoroughly rinse the brush before using as well, which I think is important.